facebook

spring rush

by: Nina

Can someone please tell me what sororities spring rush or even which ones just pick up during the fall semester?

Posted By: Nina
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: DippityDo   

ADPI for sure, well from what I saw they didn't make quota. I heard KD did really well but have had several drop already, not sure about DG or AXO, those 4 would be the best bets. If your not the stereotypical daddy's little rich girl, Barbie doll, sorority type one of these might actually be a good fit, find out more about them and see what's going on, these are probably going to be the ones, if any, doing spring recruitment or open inviting (COB) during this semester.

No matter what's said on here, they all have solid sororities, with strong local and national bases and if your personality fits with them it would be a great place to call your home away from home, no matter what their "rep" is.

By: DippityDo
by: NinaSep 1, 2014 12:59:52 PM

I rushed this past requirement but dropped out for the same reason everyone else did. I got to Pref night and had my bottom two so i dropped. My bottom 2 were one of the ones you listed above so i probably won't reconsider them.

By: Nina
by: DippityDoSep 1, 2014 2:23:02 PM

Well there you go, you felt that the ones to give you a bid were not for you, for whatever reason. Unfortunately for you the ones you wanted cut you, thus they didn't want you.

Why you would want to be in a group that felt you wouldn't fit in from the beginning is beyond me and if they didn't bid you as a freshman the odds of them wanting you as a sophomore is much less likely.

I would advise you to just face it and enjoy your time as a GDI here at Tech.

by: niceSep 1, 2014 3:21:28 PM

Kd did not lose any pledges and in fact had the best rush in the Greek system great quality coming from that house and very pretty cheerleader types. I was really impressed. This house will end up being best on campus

By: nice
by: NinaSep 1, 2014 4:40:52 PM

I had a few of my top choices tell me if i had gotten recommendation letters i would have been a top choice, but since i didnt, i didnt get a high point "total".

By: Nina
by: DippityDoSep 1, 2014 7:16:13 PM

@Nina- First off no one really knows why they are cut. Perhaps you saw someone from recruitment on campus and asked them? If that's the case don't believe any of it, people rarely, if ever find out why.

@Nice- You should be proud of KD, they've worked hard, but don't fool yourself, many of the rho gam groups had girls crying when they saw their second choice; KD on their bid cards, some didn't pledge or have dropped, no negative on them, they just went after girls they normally don't have a chance for, and there is some growing pains, I really hope it works out and wish them all the best.

by: yowzaSep 2, 2014 10:55:55 AM

To Nina - Not sure who told you that you would have been "for sure" with a rec letter. The fact is, if a chapter really wants you, if you are really a superstar PNM...they will ask a local alum to write one for you before bid day. It's a formality. Whoever told you that was just being nice and didn't want to hurt your feelings. I wish you had gone into recruitment with an open mind, because now you will be missing out on a wonderful sisterhood. And if you do rush again, the chapters will know you dropped so you won't be high on anyone's list.

By: yowza
#2  by: nice   

I never heard of any one crying because they had kd . I guess we know different people.

by: DippityDoSep 1, 2014 9:45:28 PM

Were you at bid reveal? If not of course you wouldn't.

#3  by: nice   

Actually yes I was

by: DippityDoSep 1, 2014 11:53:42 PM

Does this count the girls that had to be talked out of suiciding when they saw KD as their 2nd choice?

#4  by: jj   

Nice is correct though no one has dropped kd. I am sorry to hear about dg adphi axo but dipptydo is right there is no way you would even know that

By: jj
by: okSep 2, 2014 3:19:37 AM

You can tell who the new threat is on at this school I saw that kd won all the awards and some of them are second year in a row. Kd did no have anyone drop. Please show pan love on here there is no need to be rude. Be careful you can get reported

By: ok
#5  by: lol   

I heard girls dropped zeta and kkg

By: lol
by: wwSep 2, 2014 3:48:14 AM

No one knows if anyone dropped and not every house has pledges that drop. Zeta and kd are both great houses. I would have loved either one if given that opportunity. Tech has a great greek system and all sororities really show one another support I am so glad to hear kd had such an excellent rush. It makes us all look good when everyone does well

By: ww
#6  by: truth   

girls have dropped from almost every single sorority, some more than others. the problem is that girls go in thinking they are top tier material when they're actually a better fit with XO, APhi, Theta, DG, AXO, KD or ADPi. Accept reality girls, neither tier is really better, they're just different. Accept that you're not top tier material and move on. All top tier means is that you're pretty or know someone or have a 4.0

By: truth
#7  by: ruff   

Don't forget zeta and keg they are such a joke

By: ruff
#8  by: mm   

Did you see kd and pi phi pledge class they are beautiful top tier.

By: mm
#9  by: ww   

Please be nice and show how great our greek system is. We need everyone to do well. Not every house has pledges drop and let's start the new semester with kindness.

By: ww

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.