facebook

recs

by: pnm

Is it true that to have a chance with any sorority you need to have recommendations. I kniw the site says they are not required but I want to be prepared.

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Been there   

Honestly I went through recruitment and it is pretty true. I did not do recs for any sororities and I got in a middle to lower tier one. It was still a great group of girls but I think I would have had a better chance if I had recs because I was even told that by my top choice sorority.
I had connections, money, cute outfits, good conversations but still recs was what I was missing when it came down to it.
I have been told sororities can acquire them from an alumnae if they really want you, but that's still a big IF.
If you haven't gotten any still go through recruitment and see what happens. You really never know! Just be yourself and be at your best and if it doesn't work out then try rushing again the next time with recs!

By: Been there
#2  by: recs   

really help your chances with any chapter

By: recs
#3  by: pnm   

Thanks for the advice!

By: pnm
#4  by: recgirl   

Get the recs and letters of support. Many sororities use a points system. You get points for good GPA, points for recs, etc. Everyone goes into a database and ranked by their points. If nothing else, the recs will help you get a full schedule of parties each day. It's not the ONLY thing that matters, but why not give yourself the best chance possible?

By: recgirl
#5  by: ...   

it's true that they are not "required" per se, as in not required to go through rush. To have a successful recruitment, however, that is a different story.

By: ...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.