facebook

going to rush

by: nervous

I'm a freshman and I am looking forward so much to rushing!! I am on the shy side though when I first meet people so I am beyond nervous. Do you think that being soft spoken and quiet will be a huge drawback for getting bids?

Posted By: nervous
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: advice   

I think that shy or quiet girls are at a bit of a disadvantage simply because the process is overtly extroverted and quick. However, if you just go in knowing that you need to fight the urge to be shy and commit to TALKING and smiling a lot, it can help. I suggest you do some research on good questions to ask and maybe have a bunch in the back of your mind. If you feel you are having trouble in the conversation, pull out one of your great questions and get THEM talking. Show genuine interest, answer questions by smiling and looking them in the eye. In other words, don't let "shyness" turn into being socially awkward. Shy girls can be very successful. Awkward girls, um, not so much.

By: advice
#2  by: Recruitment advice   

Being shy is fine. The conversations are pretty much the same at every house the first day - what's your major, where are you from, what dorm are you in - really easy stuff to answer. Just be yourself, and when they ask you questions, ask them back.

By: Recruitment advice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.