facebook

letters of rec?

by: nervous PNM

I am definitely rushing next year and I'm super excited! I know not to trust this site necessarily for rankings, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if we need letters of recommendation? I know the panhellenic site says they're not required, but would they help at all? Do they weigh in on decisions to invite girls back or are they not important? Thanks!

Posted By: nervous PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: rec answer   

I personally think it is a good idea if they are fairly easy for you to get. It certainly doesn't hurt anything.

By: rec answer
#2  by: nervous PNM   

Okay great thanks so much! Also if you happened to know, do all the sororities have a specific format they want them in? I was able to find one for Kappa but that's about it.

By: nervous PNM
by: each groupSep 8, 2014 9:37:51 PM

First, don't be nervous. Each group has it's own way of handling it. You might look at each groups national website. Nowadays, I think a lot of groups make it easy for alumni to send in recommendations electronically and they can access it from their website. Usually, an alumni of the sorority will know how to do it properly for their group. They can always just write up something and mail it to the chapter house addressed to the recruitment officer. But, do this early so that it makes it in time. Normally, a chapter just wants to know a) how they know you; b) what they think of you / why you would be a good member; c) if you are a legacy anywhere; and d) send a picture. It doesn't have to be super elaborate.

By: each group
#3  by: AJ   

I heard recs make you look like you are trying to hard from previous members

By: AJ
by: ???Sep 8, 2014 9:34:10 PM

Whoever told you that is pretty dumb. Recs are perfectly normal and can be helpful.

By: ???

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.