facebook

houses

by: New

Hi! I will be a freshman in the fall and I'm really excited to rush. I just wanted to know what the deal with the actual houses is. Does anyone live in them? Or are they mainly used as a meeting place? I know they aren't very big like they are at larger schools so I was just wondering what they were used for:)

Also, what is the process for pledges getting initiated into a sorority?

Can't wait for September!!! :)

Posted By: New
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: scu   

Yes girls do live in the sorority houses and they are used as a meeting place for chapter and etc. Usually girls are picked to live in the house based off of a point system or something.

There is basically no pledge process for sororities. Once you get a bid you are basically an active (unless of you screw up big time, like stealing something from your big) No hazing that I have heard of.

Enjoy rush and welcome to SCU!

By: scu
by: NewJul 1, 2014 3:23:22 PM

Thanks!!

By: New
#2  by: slight correction   

When you get pledged on bid day, there is a SHORT period of time that will pass before you get initiated. It varies for each group, but is like a handful of weeks or so. You are definitely a member, but one who is getting prepped for initiation with some activities for you to learn more about the organization, what your responsibilities are once initiated, and a time to get to know the other girls in your chapter. It's a super fun time and everyone in the chapter can't wait for it. No hazing at all at Santa Clara.

Good luck and have fun.

By: slight correction
#3  by: GOGreek!   

Don't worry, you will be fine. They want to know who you are so be yourself. I agree with the other comment don't talk about partying, boys, religion, politics. Also remember you're dressing for girls not guys. Dress cute, don't wear anything too short, tight or that shows too much cleavage, that's frowned upon. The sororities are nervous too, they want you to like them as much as you want them to like you. It's a mutual selection process you'll hear it a million times. Good luck you'll love it!

By: GOGreek!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.