facebook

frat tiers?

by: ranks?

Is there even a ranking/tier for frats? It seems like they're all pretty solid with there own pros and cons. Feel free to post what you think the rankings are

Posted By: ranks?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ehh?   

kind of a hard one. Teke's pretty new but they had a good pledge class. still probably towards bottom cause of how new they are. Definitely on the come up though.
Pike and Cal Phi (SAE) are 2 of the oldest and probably more "traditional frats" girls love em. Quite a bit douchey though.
I'd give them the top spots.
Sig Chi is well respected. Might not party as hard. I think they have highest GPA. But def need to throw down hard this year.
Sig Pi throws parties a bunch. Kinda eh tho. got a good amout of douches.
RANK

SAE/Pike
Sig Chi
Sig Pi
TKE

By: ehh?
by: LearnTheFactsMar 12, 2014 9:48:43 PM

Sigma Pi is currently the oldest fraternity on campus. Sig Ep was the oldest, but they lost their charter and eventually withered away.

By: LearnTheFacts
by: Scu2014Mar 16, 2014 3:12:32 AM

The way I see it:
Sig Chi
Sig Pi
Pike
Kappa Sig
Cal Phi

By: Scu2014
#2  by: Let's be honest   

1. Sigma Pi/ Sigma Chi (depending on who you talk to)
2. Pike (been in a slide the past couple years, kind of a mid tier house now)
3. TKE (the best of the worst)
4. Cal Phi
5. Kappa Sig

By: Let's be honest
#3  by: FindOutForYourself   

Top Tier: Despite less than stellar pledge classes this year, Pike and Cal Phi are still undeniably the top houses. Their processes are by far the longest and most rigorous but also the most rewarding. The only glaring difference between the two is Pike has retained their charter and Cal Phi has not. Sigma Chi's selectivity puts them at a close third but their social presence is lacking. It just gets abysmal after these three.
Middle Tier: Like any fraternity, Sigma Pi has some decent guys. For the most part, however, they pick up all of the try-hards during fall who were overeager to join a fraternity. TKE has some good guys as well but they've become stagnant now that the whole "TKE OVER" hype is winding down. Though, unlike Sigma Pi, they have some serious potential if they can secure more houses.
Bottom Tier: Kappa Sig is new. 'Nough said. The next two years will really determine their place in the fraternal pecking order at Santa Clara.

By: FindOutForYourself
#4  by: toughcall   

It kinda depends where you make the most friends what your perception will be of each frat. Theres not quite the same definitive ranking system as there seems to be for sororities. My personal favorite is TKE, but theyre generally considered middle tier since theyre still kinda new and don't have a charter yet. Pike has been good in the past but is really falling in the rankings this year. Sig Chi are mostly nice guys for the most part I think but they hardly ever throw parties which is kind of annoying. Sig Pi is just kind of ehh and Cal Phi is okay but they lost their charter a while back. Kappa sig just established but they are solidly at the bottom. Seem to be some kind of creepy guys in there even though some are nice, and I personally havent had a good experience mixing with them.

By: toughcall

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.