facebook

best/biggest greek life in canada?

by: Elle W.

Do you think it would be Western? What are some of your fave schools to visit?

Posted By: Elle W.
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: TheDude   

Western has a great greek life- tight knit and comparitive to the states, but the size just needs to grow

By: TheDude
#2  by: thought   

UBC probably has it

By: thought
#3  by: yaa   

UBC's greek life is the biggest in Canada, they have over 800 girls in sororities (8 sororities) and 10 frats, there's a whole greek village and each house has their own frat, and the sororities have a 'panhellenic house' with a chapter room for each sorority and apartments upstairs for girls to live in...I think they had like 450 girls go through recruitment this year and gave bids to like 250 of them? I only know cause my friend goes there lol

By: yaa
by: yaaNov 19, 2015 3:43:28 AM

I mean each frat has their own house lol

By: yaa
by: ^Dec 9, 2015 9:33:52 PM

That sounds super cool!

By: ^
by: yeahFeb 9, 2016 2:11:50 AM

The thing about UBC is that Greek life is pretty big but it's definitely not necessary to have a social life and there are actually some pretty negative stigmas around it for most UBC students. The frats always have huge parties at the start of the year that for most first years is their introduction to Greek life, so that's what they associate it with from then on which kind of sucks because it's so much more than that. But on the flip side Greek life is recognized by the university and there is a lot of Greek housing on campus.

By: yeah
#4  by: UBC-er   

can confirm! I go to UBC and I'm in the Greek system which is huge! The part about 450 going through recruitment is true too. However, the Greeks are very much trying to emulate what it's like in the states. Girls are typical sorority girls and guys are the typical frat boys.

By: UBC-er

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.