facebook

bids

by: Pnm

How often do girls who go through recruitment not get a bid AT ALL?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ----   

Around 200-250 girls went through last year and all five sororities take 30-35 girls so not too many

By: ----
by: ~Aug 13, 2018 5:20:44 PM

That’s 75 girls out of 250 who don’t get taken if we say each takes 35... that seems like a lot

By: ~
#2  by: uwosorority   

Almost everyone gets a bid... Throughout the weekend some girls decide not to continue without recruitment and not join. There was only one girl last year who didnt get a bid

By: uwosorority
by: ^Aug 13, 2018 9:16:22 PM

A girl in my rho group last year didn’t get a bid but I heard about like two others who didn’t either? Are you sure just one?

By: ^
#3  by: question   

But do bids typically go to those in first or second year since they can stay in the sorority longer?

By: question
by: nahAug 19, 2018 5:27:52 PM

there's no priority to what year you're in. Pledge classes vary each year in size depending on like how many girls graduate or drop etc cuz not everyone does it at the same time.

By: nah
by: ___Aug 19, 2018 9:30:01 PM

Some sororities will have different policies about that. Like mine doesn’t care and we will take girls who are in fourth year even. But I know others that actually are pressured to prioritize freshmen and sophomores, from their nationals. If it’s a good fit during your rush convo’s it shouldn’t matter though.

By: ___
by: :)Aug 20, 2018 2:59:47 PM

a lot of second years rushed and got a bid last year, so i don't think you have to worry about that

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.