facebook

best frat philanthropy parties? fun events?

by: Looking In

Which Frats throw the best parties or events that actually do benefit charity/ the community? Coming to Western this year, if i do join the greek scene i do want to be philanthropic but I want to actually have a good time doing it and do fun events aka party. Not sure if offside but at least im honest lol

Posted By: Looking In
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

Don't just pick a fraternity based off how popular their charity events are! To answer your question the best fun philanthropy events are thrown by Sigma Chi (Derby Days) or Fiji (Fashion Show). Not bashing other chapters but Zeta, LXA, DU etc are less known for charity events

By: .
#2  by: OP   

tbh my parents are only okay with me rushing because i stressed the philanthropic benefit, thats why I was asking. But thanks! What are the differences with those frats then?

By: OP
#3  by: philanthropy   

Pike - peak week
Sig - derby days
LXA - food drive
FIJI - Campout

Phi delt - teeter totter (idk the full name but its on concrete beach)
Zeta - bottle drive (?)
DU - Duck week (?)

the ones marked with a ? are like just from this past year alone or are unconfirmed as like annual solidified philanthropy that everyone participates in. First 4 definitely have the bigger turnout / raise more awareness and money tho.

By: philanthropy
by: GuestJul 12, 2018 5:45:21 PM

Zeta also had the Polar Plunge (go to a lake in the winter and jump in and stuff) and Fiji fashion show is more of a Peak week / Derby days kinda vibe than campout but both are big important events on campus

By: Guest
by: .Jul 12, 2018 9:47:38 PM

LXA Food drive is not one of the fun competition type philanthropies OP was interested in. Pike's Peak Week is still way less established than other events. Sigma Chi derby days is the most well known American fraternity charity event at Western. Most sorority girls enjoy that and Fiji's Fashion Show the most as "fun philanthropy events"

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.