facebook

soroities

by: Question

Serious question to PanHel, when are you going to come to a consensus and let another sorority colonize? You're killing the Greek Scene and holding it back from growing and making greek life a more serious thing on campus.

Posted By: Question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ????   

I don't think you realize how complicated it is to get a new sorority on campus.. Panhel has talked ab it in the past few years. it doesn't just cost real MONEY but you need a ton of people on board and the school. You can't just snap your fingers and boom another sorority appears lmao.

By: ????
by: Fair but...Mar 20, 2018 10:01:24 AM

Fair enough to say it costs money and time, but quite frankly it can be done. It needs Panhellenic and its executives and other sororities to bite their pride and do some leg work to build the Greek scene. Right now there are 5 sororities and 10 IFC fraternities. Do some work, and build what you car about, don't cop out and say it's a lot of work, I'm sorry but this is university, do some.

By: Fair but...
#2  by: jeez   

^ Whoever comment above me, is an absolute idiot.

You don't need the school on board, because no organization is recognized by Western University. neither panhel or the IFC is recognized by Western University, we self-govern our organizations.

There is actually RIGHT NOW also still a group of girls at Western that reached out to Panhellenic this year to attempt to bring another sorority that is recognized under Panhellenic internationally. This group is still willing to go through the time period required, but there is absolutely no support from Panhellenic at Western.

Once again, pettiness.
As usual, they didn't care or respond back to them. I personally also believe panhel is absolute garbage, what a stench on Greek life.

By: jeez
by: LOLMar 19, 2018 11:48:31 PM

If you think panhel is a “stench” and petty no wonder you’re not getting on. Just form your own separate sorority thing like Delta Psi Delta. If the NPC here doesn’t like you it’s probably for a reason like your poor attitude

By: LOL
#3  by: sorority   

I'm in a panhel sorority and I'd be down for new ones (as in one of the 26 real, internationally recognized NPC sororities) because it could make the greek scene larger and more prominent here. however the 5 sororities here have been around for a long time and already have established long term relationships & reputations, and anyone new would have to deal with some tough times, and people might think less of them because the girls who start it either didn't get into any other sorority, or chose not to be in any - so they might kinda feel like outsiders, or think they're better than everyone. just saying that would definitely be a hurdle at first.

also, will a new sorority draw in enough totally new girls, or just divert the existing crowd of recruitment, meaning everyone would get smaller pledge classes...? just a thought.

By: sorority
#4  by: uwo   

If you have a serious question or concern for Panhel, direct it to Panhel rather than creating anonymous post on Greek Rank. This post will literally accomplish nothing.

By: uwo
#5  by: huh   

I don't know a single person in a sorority who is opposed to starting up new ones. That said, i'm pretty sure the colonization process for NPC sororities is much more complex than frats

By: huh
#6  by: .   

I think we really need another NPC sorority on campus. Western has one of the biggest Greek communities in the country, we should add more legitimate orgs (aka NOT locals) to boost the legitimacy of our greek life

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.