facebook

big 4/3 frats?

by: Big 4/3 Frats?

What's the historical Big 4/3 fraternities at W&L? I heard that this group was comprised of: Beta, Phi Kap (Skulls), Phi Delt, SAE. Can anyone confirm? Appears that the Delts are the only ones who haven't had a break in their existence. Will Phi Kap and SAE ever return to campus in the near future and be successful?

Posted By: Big 4/3 Frats?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Tricky   

It depends how far back you go. Delta Tau Delta and ATO were in the "big 4" of their times. The idea that the same four frats have ran our school for a century is just wrong. These things come and go. You'd have to reference a specific period of time.

By: Tricky
by: curiousJan 13, 2015 6:55:13 AM

So what happened to ato and delt and how long ago did they did they disappear? There hasnt been a traditional group of featernities who are high in s o cial standing throughout most of w&l history?

By: curious
by: hiJan 14, 2015 2:59:01 PM

Was KA ever in the big 4? Its the alpha chapter of a veryvery southern frat.

By: hi
by: @hiJan 14, 2015 9:19:08 PM

KA was top tier when your dads went here

By: @hi
#2  by: truth   

Beta was big for a while, they got kicked off and never recovered
Skulls live on through Kappa Sig, sort of
Phi Delt still survives
SAE lives on through Chi Psi

By: truth
by: if Jan 14, 2015 8:17:36 AM

If the saes "e dogs" survive inder the chi psi name does that mean if and when sae recolonizes that it the SAE name will lack the assets and alumni support? I guess what i am saying is chi psi appears to be immediate successor in interest to sae but that doesnt mean the tradition and legscy goes to chi psi. The older alums arent going to switch to being chi psi amd supporting chi psibwill they espexialy of sae returms at some future date.

By: if

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.