facebook

please (men), hear me out.

by: Doomsday

This platform, and the attitudes it encourages is our enemy’s strongest weapon. Everyone has noticed the war on Greek life. Not just on our campus, but nationwide. In the coming years, we may face our own extinction. The hard reality is that our greatest chance for survival calls for uncharacteristic unity, something contrary to the factional mindset most brothers at this school have. It is natural that we all thrive in competition. We are bright, ambitious men, receiving well-deserved higher education. But there comes a point where this competition becomes the division our enemy seeks. Naturally, we all want the best freshmen, the best parties, the best reputation for our fraternity. This appeals to our design for success. But what use are all these accolades, if in 10 or 20 years, nobody among your brotherhood is left to welcome you back on campus and into your old home, to laugh, reflect, and revel in the stories of the past? Imagine returning to campus, finding your letters and history erased, your house repurposed as the left-handed, virtual reality basket-weaving center. The future for all of us is unforeseeable.

Opponents of greek life care nothing about top, middle, or lower tier. They don't make these distinction. They will end all of us in equal measure. I am well aware I cannot change the ways of the anonymous rabble-rousers on this site. I just ask for a moment of peace and reflection.

Together we are stronger.

Posted By: Doomsday
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pike   

sounds like something someone not in a top tier fraternity would say

By: pike
#2  by: this dude   

My guy really typing an essay out here

By: this dude

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.