facebook

greek life

by: Burt

I am in one of the “top” frats here. Not going to say which one but want everyone to know it’s very overhyped. Yes the party’s are dope and the ease of getting with girls is great, but in the end it is really unfulfilling. There are good guys in every house but the amount of just fake people that are in my house in on the row across both fraternity’s and sororities is astounding. The whole “rankings” things is toxic and really not a representation of what each house is like. If I could do it again, I may have chosen a “lower tier” house where the people are genuine and didn’t care about how they were perceived by sororities or the rest of the row. So for anyone looking to rush in the future, please do not go off of what this sight says and don’t limit your social life to just kids on the row.

Posted By: Burt
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yep   

I agree with this. I’m also tired of certain sororities giving frats an ultimatum that they better throw a better party or “compete” more just to please their ever changing opinions and desires or they will rank them lower. C’mon ladies high school is over.

By: Yep
#2  by: Truth Hurts   

BS you are probably not in a top tier fraternity and rather in a bottom tier. Top tier fraternities and sororities get first pick of the people that think would add to the “status” of their house and at the same time have a lot in common and get along with, TOP TIER has the strongest sister/brotherhood. Bottom tier sororities and fraternities on the other hand are just trying to survive and do not have the luxury of CHOOSING who they want in their house, basically they are stuck with people other higher tier houses found unattractive, socially inept or abrasive.

By: Truth Hurts
by: HahaFeb 13, 2019 3:56:19 PM

Wow. You sound like a wonderful person. And the funny thing is you actually believe what you wrote. You truly believe you are better than other people. You are the kind of person that gives great life a bad name. Sad.

By: Haha
by: KFeb 13, 2019 6:52:05 PM

Most top houses are divided and they only know their pledge class. Get real you can’t have “strong brotherhood” with 180 actives.

By: K
by: marry me?Feb 14, 2019 7:12:16 AM

such a sweet clueless girl..

By: marry me?
by: Um?Feb 26, 2019 7:53:11 PM

You really think lambda has a good brotherhood?

By: Um?
#3  by: hmmm   

What you meant to say was not rich and not white. God Greeklife at USC sucks.

By: hmmm
by: andFeb 28, 2019 10:36:14 PM

this is why admin is against greek life. Divisive and exclusive and inequitable...not going to last with the new standards for admission. New students will be too smart to tolerate this.

By: and
by: reelingMar 1, 2019 9:49:51 PM

that's the minority...usc is changing

By: reeling
#4  by: Ramond   

Love to hear it man

By: Ramond
#5  by: thank you   

How can we be a top tier elite university and yet have such a shallow and pathetic greek system that promotes inequality and exclusion. Shameful.

By: thank you
by: yepFeb 19, 2019 8:49:36 AM

IMO, it is the people who were "popular" in HS that don't want their reign to end. It's the only way they can still feel important in a big school. Not all sororitys and frats are like this though. Some want and intentionally seek members who don't all look like them and appreciate diversity and variety of cultures like we have at USC.

By: yep
by: driveFeb 19, 2019 9:48:42 PM

Agree with the above post. Some kids only have fading looks and high school yearbooks to feel good about themselves. Not the real world. Time to be with people who really care about you.

By: drive
#6  by: start   

CA is where movements begin. Lets move our greek system to be a leader in equity and inclusion.

By: start
by: LessgoFeb 21, 2019 6:56:33 AM

Let’s do it! Ready for positive change!

By: Lessgo
by: TrojanMar 1, 2019 10:40:42 PM

Just say NO to black privilege!

By: Trojan
#7  by: Kart   

Bump

By: Kart

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.