facebook

rushing with low avg

by: below 65

im a second year whose average was below 65, can i still rush for sororities? :(

Posted By: below 65
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: below 65   

still above 60 if that makes a difference

By: below 65
#2  by: panhel love   

I would give it a shot for sure!

By: panhel love
#3  by: Yes   

Still go through, different sororities have different requirements. But keep an open mind because you won't get invited back to all.

By: Yes
#4  by: G   

Probably not. I only say that because when you register for recruitment they straight up tell you in red letters that the lowest requirement for any of the sororities is a 65%. If I were you I'd focus on getting my GPA up and then doing COB

By: G
by: NoAug 21, 2015 2:48:18 PM

Still go through! Some people accept grade risks ( below the required avg) and if not they'll remember you for COB. Go through there is still a chance

By: No
#5  by: Hmm   

I would still say it doesn't hurt to try going through formal recruitment in September, because there are some sororities who will accept lower than the grade requirement. However, if you want to have a better chance at receiving a bid to one you love, i'd say focus on bringing your average up in first term, and then doing COB in the second.

By: Hmm
by: KAug 22, 2015 6:47:04 PM

How will she know which one she loves if she doesn't go through rush? From the outside you may want one, then you go in their room and actually dislike them.

By: K
by: .Aug 24, 2015 12:38:41 AM

I think that if they go through COB, most of the time at least 5/8 do panhel COB, so they would still have a chance to meet most of them! and for the sororities that don't go through panhel for cob, some of them just say that any PNM who is interested just has to send an e-mail to x sorority in order to get an invite to their COB. So it wouldn't be too difficult for them to find one they love through COB! But either formal or COB is fine!

By: .
#6  by: T   

How can you get a sorority to take you on as a grade risk?

By: T
by: FAug 30, 2015 4:24:11 PM

It's only if there are extenuating circumstances I believe, that a sorority will accept someone with a lower average. And you'd need to show proof of it (e.g. Documented illness). But this is hard to do as it's not something that you want to talk about to the sororities in person, cause you need to use that time to get to know the girls you're talking to. I'd try contacting the UBC sororities president

By: F

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.