facebook

rushing solo

by: worried

im a girl who's rushing by herself, will it not be weird/awkward for me? none of my friends want to do it

Posted By: worried
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

Yes, it will be very awkward for both sorority and fraternity rush. Try to find someone to rush with you.

By: Yes
by: RushingAug 9, 2015 1:43:57 AM

When you walk into a fraternity house, does someone automatically greet you or do you have to go join in a conversation somewhere?

By: Rushing
by: fraternityguyAug 9, 2015 7:32:32 PM

there are guys all around who'll come say hi to you. everyones friendly and wants to talk to you. that being said, making an effort to go talk to people instead of waiting awkwardly for someone to come talk to you does get noticed and goes a long way

By: fraternityguy
#2  by: no    

going through sorority recruitment alone is not a big deal AT ALL. So much fun meeting everyone else.

By: no
#3  by: No   

They split you into groups anyways so you'd likely be separated from your friends

By: No
#4  by: i did it too   

It sounds scary, intimidating and lonely at first but you'll find girls who are also going through it alone and it'll help you become close during recruitment! Also on the plus side it helps make deciding sororities more clear as you won't be swayed by your friends' opinions.

By: i did it too
#5  by: look   

Most people go through sorority recruitment alone.. it's no big deal at all

By: look
#6  by: <3   

I went through recruitment alone and met some of my best friends that way! Don't worry - it is actually for the better. You won't be swayed by your friend's opinions of sororities and can join the one that fits YOU best!

By: <3
#7  by: :)   

I went through sorority recruitment alone as well, as i wasn't able to convince any of my friends to go through with me. However, in my pi gamma group (they split all the girls into about groups of 15 I think?) I made LOTS of new friends! You're all going through the same new experiences together, and you get time to talk to each other in between! And some of the girls in your group could also become your potential sisters! Don't worry about going alone, everyone is a bit nervous and it's completely normal!

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.