facebook

how does fraternity rush work?

by: Q

I know for soroties you sign up and stuff but I don't think you do for fraternities right? I'm so confused as to how it works. Do we just go to the events? Can someone explain the process to me? Thanks.

Posted By: Q
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Q   

The process seems a lot easier for girls. I'm gonna have to rush alone since none of my friends wanna rush (everyone who I graduated with thinks fraternities/sororities are weird). Getting to the houses and stuff by myself is gonna be confusing and I feel like it's gonna be weird to rush by myself since I'm still confused on how the process works

By: Q
#2  by: me too   

im wondering too lol

By: me too
#3  by: Yes   

Sororities have it waaaayyy easier

By: Yes
#4  by: Nah   

It's actually way easier to rush a fraternity than it is a sorority. All you have to do is swing by a house before or on the rush dates and make a good impression. Unlike sorority rush, most fraternities don't have GPA requirements (or don't enforce them), so as long as the majority of the guys that you meet like you, you're a shoo-in. Just swing by the house, mention you want to rush, and don't be weird.

By: Nah
#5  by: I    

I'm pretty good looking not to be shallow or anything but will it help my chances of getting a bid?

By: I
by: pireAug 5, 2015 5:34:28 PM

whats your bench?

By: pire
by: TruthAug 5, 2015 6:57:38 PM

Looks are helpful, but my fraternity regularly doesn't give good looking dudes bids if their bench isn't at least 135 x10 for 3 sets

By: Truth
by: SeriosulyAug 5, 2015 11:17:32 PM

Seriously... I can't bench that much. Looks like I'm screwed lol

By: Seriosuly
by: LolAug 5, 2015 11:30:28 PM

That was obviously a joke lol. No frat is gonna ask a bunch of scrawny 17/18 year olds what their bench is. That's pretty ridiculous lol

By: Lol
#6  by: dw   

dw you'll get a bid unless you are extremely weird or something

By: dw
#7  by: seriously ?   

is the bench thing actually true?? ive hardly gone to the gym and now im nervous that im gonna be the skinniest guy there

By: seriously ?
#8  by: RT   

Informal rush this year will be held exclusively at Golds Gymnasium this coming September. Consisting of various compound exercises which may include various pushing, pulling, squatting, and curling calisthenics, you will be bid by the organization which fits you best. It is suggested to eat a healthy breakfast beforehand to prevent injury/lightheartedness.

Contact the IFC Recruitment Chairman if any further questions.
Lunch will be provided .

By: RT

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.