facebook

i hate 75% of the greek system

by: eyeswideopen

You know what's disheartening? When you think you're doing good for yourself by joining a sorority, getting involved, sisterhood, leadership and making life long friendships with women who embody and share the same aspirations as yourself, but REALLY you're walking into a fake and phony lifestyle. It's hard to believe that when I got accepted to UBC I was ecstatic about joining a sorority and continuing the tradition 3 generations of going Greek in my family. As recruitment approaches I am reminded of the vulgar, mean and conceited people I unfortunately call my fellow greek members, when I see some of you in public I really second guess myself on whether you're genuine or not, because reading these comments makes me think that a bunch of you are rotten, spoiled and mean individuals. All you people care about are looks, while society has been moulding ever so greatly, pushing the boundary and opening up to be more accepting of people and half of you are moving backwards, so PLEASE for the love of God don't pretend to be accepting of LGBT movements in the U.S with your phony facebook profile pictures, It's been legal in Canada for almost 10 years. It is very clear more than half of you people are not accepting of people or anything, you care about your rank and how hot you sit in the Hot Or Not ranking of UBC sororities. Why am I in still in a sorority? because I will never stop pushing to be a better me, and I want to live my life knowing I was part of something special.

Posted By: eyeswideopen
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: bump   

bump

By: bump
#2  by: Continued   

But let me please say that some of you guys are some of the most outstanding, involved, smart and kind people I have ever come across in my life! So do youuuuuu and keep making the UBC Greek community look phenomenal!!!!

By: Continued
by: SameJul 27, 2015 9:44:03 PM

I was actually going to rush too but all the drama is just too much. It seems like adpi kappa and gamma phi get really defensive on this site over nothing..it's strange

By: Same
#3  by: bebe    

bump

By: bebe
#4  by: yes   

Preach. I can't believe greeks at ubc have become so low and immature on this site

By: yes
#5  by: bebe   

can we have more posts like this when recruitment starts? I feel like we're definitely gonna need it considering how much hate has already been spread and registration hasn't even opened yet......

by: OPOGJul 27, 2015 1:00:26 AM

OP here, and you effing bet. Thanks for the support!!

By: OPOG
#6  by: 5   

Bump. Just by looking at greek rank if I was a pnm I wouldn't want to join.

By: 5
#7  by: yeah   

I'm a pnm coming as a freshman and I'm honestly thinking of not rushing anymore just because sorority girls sound so catty and full of drama.
It seems like the so called top tiers are the most dramatic

By: yeah
by: sameJul 27, 2015 5:13:48 PM

I was going to rush too but greekrank cattiness is a real turn off =/
Do I really want to join a greek system full of back stabbing girls, not really..

By: same
#8  by: Pnmxoxo   

Starting my first year at ubc in the fall and I wanna join a sorority but all I've gotten from the posts and ranks on here is that its a giant competition between which girls are the hottest and most liked by frat guys. Is it really that bad to want to join a sorority that's more under the radar and not considered top tier? I don't think I'd be able to handle or want to handle all the cattiness and expectations that come with the "top tier" sororities.

By: Pnmxoxo
#9  by: bebe   

bump

#10  by: rushfraternities   

fraternities are way more chill and dont live for greekrank. you should rush one of us

By: rushfraternities

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.