facebook

gpa requirement

by: girl

i was interested in joining a sorority until the first page of the application said that there is a minimum gpa req for entry. my gpa is a tad bit lower than the lowest required gpa and i was wondering if sororities cut you for that or if they even consider on a bid. help!

Posted By: girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yea   

im in a frat but i think some sororities probably make it seem like a bigger deal than it is. if a sorority likes you, i doubt they would deny you simply because your GPA is currently a bit lower than the minimum "requirement"

By: yea
#2  by: sorority   

Depends on the sorority..... apply anyways you might still get a bid but after joining you might be put on probation or something of that sort, so you can bring your gpa up.

By: sorority
#3  by: sorority girl   

It really does depend on the sorority. I know for my personal sorority, our headquarters regulates the minimum GPA a pnm must have in order to even be considered for membership. We could adore a girl, but unless they meet our academic standards, she won't be considered.

By: sorority girl
#4  by: !   

Story of my life! And im in a sorority. Try it, im sure i would never not give a bid to a girl for grades, theres prob a lot of girls who agree with me!

By: !
#5  by: thatsaid   

With that being said, you have to be prepared to pull up your socks if you get a bid. Otherwise, with sororities, you'd most likely be on perpetual probation and wouldn't get to enjoy portions of what you're paying for. Greek organizations are big on academic standards, even with the parties and whatnot.

By: thatsaid
#6  by: gpa   

Still apply, however some sororities do ask about academics in recruitment. To be honest though once you join almost everyone's grades improve because you have so many people to study with and you will want to live up to the gpa set.

By: gpa
#7  by: ubc15   

Hey love, just a few things to help you make the decision on going through with Formal Recruitment or not.

1) When you register online, you'll need to fill out a form with general questions (hobbies, faculty, year, legacy or not, etc...) Every sorority is given this info BEFORE they even meet you, so they already know your academic standing and will not ask when they meet you at Tours (the first "round").

2) All sororities are different, some may not offer you a bid, some may, but put you on probation (no social events) until your grades rise.

3) My sorority's academic expectations are the same as UBC's (minimum 55% avg)

4) Going through Formal Recruitment is great for the experience and if you don't get a bid this year you should try it out anyways to see where you stand, and which sororities you would fit into.

Good luck!

By: ubc15

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.