facebook

what do i expect?

by: Possible New Member

Hello !!!

I am going into my first year at UBC and am leaning towards rushing! I would kill to be in either Kappa or ADPI and was wondering what specific activities they do that makes them stand out? I want this to be a fun year, what should I expect?? Nothing against any of the other sororities and I may not even end up in these two, but from the girls I have seen in both I feel like I would fit most in one of them! Fill me in on what they are all about.

Posted By: Possible New Member
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hmmm   

Hello PNM! these organizations are both great! I would recommend looking into all of them first but your can't really go wrong with either of these two. ADPI has its annual "Diamond Ball" which you can look more into online. It's essentially a huge baseball event that brings the whole greek system together for fun springtime activities. KKG has a HUGE bake-sale that almost everyone goes out too.! They are both known for being top tier and classy beautiful ladies. I think they are probably both an ideal pic! Good luck with recruitment but keep an opened mind!

By: hmmm
#2  by: ?   

Why just these two? there are 6 more possible fits... I would wait until you go through recruitment before you get so set on your top two.

By: ?
by: waitJul 16, 2013 1:58:51 PM

Yeah, Kappas and ADPis are awesome, no doubt about it, but make sure to have an open mind when rushing. Ignore this site, some may surprise you :)

By: wait
by: MmmJul 16, 2013 2:08:17 PM

Great choices :) But I agree, give them all a chance!!

By: Mmm
#3  by: huh   

It would depend what your idea of a fun year is! I am going to guess you want these two for superficial reasons. My recommendation is to look beyond the photos or whatever else you've seen. I know a girl who joined one of those two for reasons as silly as the promotion photo... She ended up dropping.

By: huh
by: ..Jul 12, 2013 11:50:29 PM

She said she was looking into what they do that makes them stand out ie. their main philanthropic events? Just because they are top tier does't mean the only reason people consider them is because they look good!!

By: ..
#4  by: Um ya   

my advice.....go to a school in the states.

By: Um ya
#5  by: ..   

I think it's fine that you're looking into more detail on two of them. Before i rushed i did the same thing. I went through rush having a pretty good idea of two sororities, none of them which i joined, but once i was in pref i dug deeper into the one i did not know much about and ended up joining. Doing research is always good because it may give you questions or ideas you might want to look deeper into. Just make sure that once you're in invitationals or pref you take a good look at all your options. Don't get to hooked on just two. Great starting point for sure.

By: ..
#6  by: Ivlm   

Hi PNM!

I'm in one of the two you mentioned and have lots of friends in the other, so I am obviously really excited to see this post! That being said, I do agree with other posters and would recommend keeping an open mind about the all the sororities, they each have great girls and meeting them in person may change your mind (I obviously hope not, but in the end finding your fit is what it's all about!)

My advice: Just be yourself and remember that a big part of recruitment is learning about the tangible aspects of each sorority, like you are trying to do here. If I were you, I would wait and ask us in person; it's a great way to make a connection! Every girl will have a different aspect that they love about their organization beyond the activity calender and finding out what those are will really help you make your final decision. Good luck in September, you have an AMAZING experience ahead of you.

By: Ivlm
#7  by: Possible New Member   

Okay thank you everyone! I was also now looking into Gamma Phi after looking at the UBC sorority website it looks really good also! Do they have a big inter greek system event also? I know I will ask all of these questions at recruitment but just curious now as it is two months away!

By: Possible New Member
#8  by: JOKE   

UBC greek system is a joke. GO to school in the states. Canada blows

By: JOKE
#9  by: Jen   

All great picks! Please please please keep an open mind because it isn't about ratings it's about who you get along with! You'll have to spend the rest of your university life with these girls so choose wisely

By: Jen

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.