facebook

who to choose

by: Fiftljj

I've basically narrowed down the houses that are my top picks. I really like pi phi, kkg, and dz. What are the reputations on campus of these houses? Who's the best and why

Posted By: Fiftljj
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hold On!   

It's nice that you have already decided the 3 houses you want to pref at... But the ball isn't quite in your court yet. You still have 2nd invitational and pref parties to get invited back to.
It's too early to narrow down to just 3. You easily could be cut from any or all of the houses you mentioned. The girl rushing you probably made you feel like you are perfect and we want you!! The truth is, they make every PNM feel that way! They want every girl to want to be in their house, even if they know she isn't going to make it.
So, you need to keep an open mind about other houses. See who invited you back for 2nd invitationals and then start thinking about your final 3. The better the house the more they have to choose from.

By: Hold On!
by: ThisSep 9, 2014 9:05:55 AM

As bad as this seems, a lot of the top houses already have their new pledge class picked out. 1st invitational always sounds promising that you may continue to be invited back, but in reality, we make the most cuts for 2nd invitational and especially for pref. She's right in that the ball is not in your court. Every house knows a ton about you and if they feel that you simply wouldn't fit in you won't be invited back. I'm glad that you think you've picked your favorites, but remember to give the other houses a chance. You never know where you'll end up and when you do just know that it was meant to be!

By: This
#2  by: So true   

The above is correct that the top houses (ChiO, Aphi, DG, PiPhi and Kappa) pretty much know who they want, and most want the same PNM's. Pledge classes are going to be smaller this year because total PNM's are lower than previous years. So getting into these top houses could be even tougher. As the previous posters stated, keep an open mind and the decision will be yours only when you accept the bid.

By: So true
#3  by: panhel   

ATTENTION ALL PNMS: Don't get your heart set on a house just yet! Continue to keep an open mind with all the houses that invite you back. I agree with the other repies, you may be shocked that "your favorites" may have not extended an invite to go further. All three houses you listed are excellent. They all have a little different vibe. This will become clearer to you as you continue through the process. As for the "easy DZ' remark from the first reply...this really needs to stop. It is a problem this sorority faces nationally merely because it's so easy to say. EVERY house has basically the same make-up of a variety of girls. No one house has girls that are more promiscuous than another. Besides, you really shouldn't be concerned so much of what others think of your house choice. This is YOUR decision of where you will live for your college years and the sisterhood you choose for a lifetime!

By: panhel

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.