facebook

formal rush as a sophomore?

by: Purduefreshie

I'm currently a second semester freshman here at Purdue and I'm really considering doing formal rush this fall. I just had a few questions.. How much less of a chance do sophomores have of getting bids than freshman, what's the minimum GPA I should have to be considered for a bid as a sophomore, and since I know at least one girl in almost every house is that something I should bring up during rush? Thanks guys!

Posted By: Purduefreshie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Purduefreshie   

And when I asked if I should bring up the fact that I know girls, I mean when I'm rushing and at house XYZ should I mention the fact that I know a couple of XYZ's to the girls that rush me?

By: Purduefreshie
by: .Apr 7, 2014 2:49:15 PM

Be careful. Just because you think you know girls in a house does not mean you will get in. In my sorority we recommend people we know who are going through recruitment who are already friends with sisters/are someone that we would want. Chances are, if you know someone they will have either mentioned you either positively, negatively, or not at all to us. If you know your best friend is in a house by all means approach her. You may even get to be recruited by her next round. If she's someone who you went to high school with that you've said maybe 2 or 3 sentences to, don't. Also, don't assume every girl that you know wants you in their house. If they feel that you would be a bad fit it does get mentioned.

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.