facebook

high school transcript

by: Freshman

When rushing fraternities do they require a high school transcript? If they do I feel like I’m kinda screwed cause I didn’t exactly have the most impressive grades.

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No   

They don’t

By: No
#2  by: Rush Informant   

Hi incoming freshman, I’m glad you asked! The answer is yes, as far as I know the standard procedure for many fraternities during rush is to take a printed copy of your high school transcript in order to verify grades. Additionally, I recommend bringing a copy of your resume to show them what kind of activities and skills you have. At the very least, you will signal that you have a go-getting attitude which is never a bad look for a PNM (potential new member). Personally, last year, I carried a leather bound binder with copies of my resume, transcripts, etc as well as a notepad and pencil to take notes with. It served me well during rush by imparting a bit of professionalism. Best of luck in rush this coming semester!

By: Rush Informant
by: NoAug 11, 2019 9:42:27 AM

Coming from a top house...My fraternity did not do this.

By: No
by: LmaoAug 11, 2019 10:50:57 AM

If you do this you aren't getting a bid anywhere but Phi sigma kappa

By: Lmao
by: LolAug 11, 2019 9:11:14 PM

People in my high school didn't even know what a resume was. Then again I didn't go to a private high school like most of you. What kind of frat asks for a god damn high school resume? Lmao

By: Lol
by: FraternityRusher66Aug 12, 2019 11:30:02 PM

As a junior and an experienced Greek Life Advocate, I can personally say that I recommend bringing a copy of your high school transcript. I will say that the going standard for rush is often a dress shirt and tie. I personally wear a bow tie with Purdue P's on it to show my school spirit.

By: FraternityRusher66

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.