facebook

tier system is good

by: Anon

Unpopular Opinion however I think tier system is actually a very good thing for greek life. It gives incentives to be the best fraternity or sorority socially, so you have everyone working to be the best house they can be. If you have taken a look at the last 4 years, there is so much that has changed on this campus because fraternities that were the cancer of our greek life are no longer there causing certain houses like ZBT, Theta Chi, Delts and Pi Kapps to go from average or below average houses to pairing with great sororities, and definitely part of the upper tiers. It is also very important to note that these houses didn’t become relevant because of those houses leaving but because they did the right things to put themselves in the positions to be well respected. Same thing with AXO, and Tri Delt as well. The tier system at Purdue is essentially a reward system for having a successful rush season, and staying out of trouble so that you can function and actually compete in the tier system. I am tired of seeing all of these posts about the tier system sucks when in fact its the the number 1 or 2 reason why all houses want to do better. That is to either stay in the top tier or one day become considered apart of the upper tiers.

With that being said I think this is a very fair ranking of the sororities/fraternities on this campus:

Sigma Chi/Phi Psi/ZBT
Fiji/Theta Chi/Delts/Pi Kapps
AGR/DU/Dchi/Beta
Pike/Phi Delts/DSig/Sig Tau

A Phi/Kappa/Chi O
Pi Phi/DZ/Theta/DG
AXO/Zeta/Tri Delt
Phi Mu/AXiD/SK

Kappa Sig and SAE are historically in the top tier but they haven't been able host for more than a few weeks, in years and wont be able to in the near future, therefore are unranked and are becoming more and more irrelevant as they continue to stay on probation

Posted By: Anon
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Amen   

Totally agree with you and your rankings

By: Amen
#2  by: P   

When you rank DU even tho they are kicked you are truly lost

By: P
by: LolAug 1, 2019 4:30:45 PM

I'm surprised the DU white knights haven't come on here yet.

By: Lol
#3  by: Finally   

This is it folks. Although I wouldn’t be throwing zbt up in top tier

By: Finally
by: Tarantula GuySep 10, 2019 11:00:14 AM

Now that Sprecher graduated, ZBT is no longer top tier. I just don't see the other guys carrying on his legacy.

By: Tarantula Guy
#4  by: Wtf is this   

Swap zbt with fiji and theta chi with pi kapps

By: Wtf is this
#5  by: Accurate    

This is spot on, other than DU not being relevant.

By: Accurate
#6  by: :3   

I agree with the sorority ranks 100% ,but the frats are way off

By: :3

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.