facebook

advise for sorority rush 2019 (part 3)

by: .

To all the girls rushing this fall, here is MY advice for you. This is based on my opinion/experience and my friends’ experiences. Even if you feel like you know everything there is to know about rushing, this will be extremely helpful. My next piece of advice is to be cautious about “dirty rushing” aka girls already in the house that aren’t following the rules and trying to score an advantage with you. The main concern with this is girls who will rush you that might tell you that they hope you choose their house when ranking because they want you or are going to “choose” you or girls saying things like “can’t wait to see you tomorrow!” (hinting towards the fact that they are going to rank you high or give you another invite etc). DO NOT BASE YOUR RANKINGS AND OR DECISIONS BASED OFF OF THIS. One or two girls in a house cannot solely get you invited back or get you placed on their priority (1st) list for bids!! It is a whole house decision and you should NOT trust what 1 or 2 girls tell you even if it’s your best friend! It has happened many many many times before and girls will be shocked when they receive their list the next day of houses they got back and the one they were told (or slyly told) they’d get back isn’t on there. This also happens with bids too. You may be told something along the lines of “see you tomorrow” or “we are choosing you” or “we want you” but hundreds of more girls are coming through that same house and talking to different people and the same people as you did. And if a girl or many more girls end up getting ranked higher than you that round or a experience with some girl is talked about more highly or often than with you, the hope you were given on coming back or getting a bid can go away in a split second! Some girls end up heartbroken over this during the rush process, don’t let it happen to you. Take every reassurance/promise with a large grain of salt ladies. My next piece of advice is this; don’t let other girls rushing get the best of you. Rush is competitive, whether you want to acknowledge that or not. Especially when it gets down to the last 2 rounds. When you’re standing in a line of girls outside of a house about to go in for the round, try your hardest to not be worrying about what the others are wearing or how they look and if you look / dressed cuter or look better or worse than them. All it’s going to do is make you self conscious and that’s not something you want to feel going into a round. Worry about yourself and what you need to do or your “game plan” or how you’re going to crush that round! What I will tell you to worry about however is this, talking groups. Some houses will place multiple girls in a round rushing together with a few girls in their house, much like a group chat. This is where you really need to bring your A game. If it feels like you’re competing with the girls in your group to “win over” the rushees, you aren’t exactly in the wrong. If you want to get an invite back, you’re going to want to make a good impression and one that has them ranking you and their experience that round with you higher/just as high than the others. It may feel like you’re competing for time to talk. Try to get out the important stuff and show your personality every chance you get to talk, because when you’re put with multiple girls rushing in one talking group, your time to talk is diminished making it harder to “woo” the rushees.

Posted By: .
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

CAP

By: Yes
by: LolJun 19, 2019 5:23:23 PM

Lol at all these white people suddenly saying cap. I've been using that word since 2009 as a middle schooler.

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.