facebook

sorority rush as a sophomore - second time through

by: scared

So I rushed last year, had a good experience. Had my top house during pref round. Then bid day came and I didn't get a bid anywhere. I've been told I was probably cross cut, but I just feel like I must be weird or make a horrible first impression. I really want to be in a sorority, not just for the parties, but to be involved on campus and meet some cool people. I'm going to rush again, but I'm so afraid I won't get a bid again. Any advice? Or better, anyone who had a similar experience?

Posted By: scared
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: (:   

be yourself and trust that if a house drops you it isn't always personal. houses know themselves better than you know, especially because of recruitments tendency to be flashy and fake. don't suicide a house on bid day, and it sucks hearing but you genuinely just need to trust the process. if a house thinks you'd fit in, trust them and try it before deciding its not for you. the rankings on here are bogus and 9 times out of 10, everyone gets along. there are qualities that each house has that makes it outstanding from another so just be real and don't take it too seriously!!!

By: (:
by: ^^May 4, 2019 11:07:28 PM

Did you suicide bid? That's the only reason I could think of this happening. I would definitely rush again, but you're going to need a good reason as to why you're rushing for a second time. Houses might remember you. I wouldn't necessarily lie, but find a way to spin the experience into a positive one without saying "yeah I got dropped."

By: ^^
#2  by: 2019   

Don’t rush again

By: 2019
#3  by: Inside recruitment scoop    

After pref, actives will rank their top pnm’s. It is typically the popular active sorority girls who tend to decide who gets in. If the active is well liked and not a deadbeat sister, her pnm will most likely get in. If the active is a deadbeat and doesn’t really participate in the sorority, the other girls won’t vote for her pnm.

If the quota is 45 is st sorority A, then the top 45 on the list will get a bid providing the pnm ranked house A #1. If the pnm put house B as #1 and she was on the top of that house’s list, then she will get a bid from B. Then House A moves the next Pnm up on the list. If you are not in the top of the quota list in any house, then you will get no bid.

The key to rush is to be yourself and ask lots of questions to try to make a connection with an active. You are bound to find a commonality- and then hope it’s with an active who is well liked and popular within the sorority when it comes time for voting after pref night. Actives will tend to vote yes to her than an active who is a deadbeat.

By: Inside recruitment scoop

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.