facebook

thoughts on a few houses?

by: Future greek

Thinking about rushing next fall and Sig Tau, Pi Kapps, and DU have all gotten my interest, can anyone give me a rundown on these houses?

Posted By: Future greek
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

They honestly all suck. But at the end of the day, the best way to rush is to go to as many houses as possible and choose the one where your like/fit in with the brothers the best!

By: Truth
#2  by: Real   

To start all houses are good. I reccomend rushing all 3 to figure out where you first best. Here are some general things about all the houses.

In terms of social standing Pi Kapps is definitely more social than DU which is more social than Sig Tau. All consistently pair and have functions so I wouldn’t worry about that.

Pi kapps and Sig Tau both out heavy emphasis on community service and grades. For that reason Sig Tau won chapter of the year in 2017 and Pi Kapps won chapter of the year in 2018.

Du has a much larger house than pi kapps and Sig Tau doesn’t technically have their own house at the moment although the one they are living in and will be living in for the next few years is also bigger than pi kapps. Sig Tau from what I’ve heard from friends does plan on building a house and has heavy support from their national to do so as they are the largest chapter nationally.

All 3 houses have great guys and have a lot of fun. Make sure to check them all out and maybe a few others although I honestly couldn’t have picked a better 3 houses.

By: Real
#3  by: Bruh    

You should do more research. If this is your final list though, definitely go Pikaps. DU has hella creepy dudes and Sig tau is not a real fraternity. But do you!

By: Bruh
by: ChiefApr 24, 2018 11:43:17 AM

Don't even bother with any of the aforementioned frats. They all suck tbh

By: Chief
#4  by: Lol   

Pi Kapps: One of the most involved houses on campus and have very good grades. Tiny physical house with cold air. They can't have very big parties because of the size of their house. Consistantly party with good sororities but never really do anything special. They are a very well respected house on campus. Pledgeship difficulty is average.

DU: Average campus involvement. Don't party with the same level of girls as pi kapps but they constantly try new stuff. Have had a lot of performers and stuff come to their house. Some of their older guys are kind of weird. Pledgeship difficulty is average.

Sig tau: High campus involvement. Don't really understand how the social scene on campus works. Brotherhood isn't very tight and its honestly more like a social club than a fraternity. If you are just looking to make some friends go ahead and rush but you won't know half the guys in the house. Pledgeship is not a thing here. Parties are mediocre and their pairs just tend to try and walk over to ZBT or DU.

Pi Kapps and DU are both decent houses. There are about 40 fraternities on this campus. There are about 10 fraternities right now that throw decent parties on campus and Pi Kapps and DU are in that group. If you aren't that serious about Greek Life and think you'll be busy with a lot of other stuff consider rushing sig tau. Also keep in mind that for the most part this site is run by social elitists and people that care way too much about status.

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.