facebook

the fall of purdue greeks - from a (now former) λ

by: Gone But Not Forgotten

As many of you will soon hear, as of today (May 24th, 2016) Purdue Lambda Chi Psi Zeta will join Sig Ep, Snu, and Beta as formally suspended from Purdue's campus. Alongside our houses are Dchi and Theta Chi, on which Purdue has imposed the strictest levels of organizational probation. Beyond this, numerous other houses are on varying levels of probation or privilege limitation.

As for our situation, it is important for you to know how and why our 100 years on Purdue's campus came to an end. In October the house was placed on a two year probation with strict limitation of privledges after a person under 21 returned to their dorm intoxicated after a party and said they had been at Lambda Chi. During this investigation, the community standards board (on which Brandon Cutler resides and personally attends every hearing) recommended a full 5-year suspension, which was later overturned in favor of a two-year probationary period. At this point, the fraternity experience of half our members has been cut short, and those above (and more or less including) their sophomore year could kiss goodbye ever experiencing the way things were again.

Following more unproven allegations in February, Purdue (read: Brandon Cutler) once again attempted to impose the strictest suspension punishments on our house. After a lengthy judicial and appeals process, we were handed down further punishments in late April that included membership review and rush minimums. [CONTINUED BELOW]

Posted By: Gone But Not Forgotten
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 4
#11  by: Brandon Cutler suck my d   

#LONGLIVETHEBOX

By: Brandon Cutler suck my d
#12  by: Guest   

Purdue is going to continue to target fraternities because they are hoping to expand campus and build academic buildings or dorms on the areas currently occupied by Greek houses. Sororities need to watch it too. Think about it. Where else can campus expand while also maintaining its compact nature?

By: Guest
#13  by: Fact check   

Sounds like you all are a bunch of cry babies. I heard with was your nationals who shut you down. Sucks for you when they won't support you.

By: Fact check
by: Shut up SAEMay 27, 2016 11:16:50 AM

Dude! Your apathetic attitude is so frat!

By: Shut up SAE
#14  by: L   

Lol calm down. You're acting as if its the end of your life.

By: L
by: WMay 26, 2016 6:24:15 PM

For many it was the end their Greek social life at Purdue. They can't rush other houses or be involved in Greek life really at all anymore. On top of that, they have to find housing in the summer. If you think that your fraternity being booted off campus is no big deal, then you have no business even being in Greek life.

By: W
#15  by: Former SigEp   

Sorry to hear boys! I completely understand what you are going through. Live on with all of the friends you have made and remember the good times at the house.

By: Former SigEp
#16  by: You had your chance   

You can only get on probation so many times before getting kicked off. You got so lucky the second time you screwed up and the decision got overturned. If you continue to do the same things and make no changes, then yeah, you are putting a target on yourself to get in more trouble. As I figured, it didn't take you long to screw up again. No one feels sorry for you when you screw up so many times and send girls to the hospital and then make up lies about it. Also, the Greek system talks, Purdue talks, everyone hears what is happening. There is no such thing as secrecy. The only way to get by is to actually follow the rules. It is Brandon Cutler's job to keep people safe and keep Greek life something positive. There are many Greek organizations that contribute to Purdue and society and don't create negative press. They stay out of trouble because they do what Greeks are supposed to do. As a fellow Purdue Greek, I want all chapters to succeed and for Purdue Greek life to grow, not diminish. However, I will not feel sorry for the chapters that give Greeks a bad reputation and do not uphold the values that all Greek chapters stand for. Yeah, your situations were not horrific, but they easily could have been. Better safe than sorry. Come back when you're ready to do more than just party.

By: You had your chance
by: @you had your chanceMay 26, 2016 6:20:40 PM

You sound like a Geed who's salty he didn't get a bid. Lambda Chi wasn't sending girls to the hospital. It wasn't like Lambda was doing anything that every other fraternity on campus wasn't doing. They were investigated 3 times in one semester for petty offenses.

By: @you had your chance
by: ...May 26, 2016 9:20:15 PM

Then why is it acceptable for Kappa Sig to have parties every weekend while on probation? Everyone knows they're having functions three nights a week but nothing happens. And Sig Chi parties get shut down by the cops every month and there's never a single investigation into their activities.

By: ...
#17  by: Alums need to stop giving   

Until Purdue Greek Life alumnae with money stop donating to Purdue and out pressure on Mitch to get ride of Cutler, things will remain the same. Cutler has obviously been charged by Mitch to do this - this has been too severe for it to be any other way. Sig Ep and Lambda were screwed and we all know it, but what can we do about it?

By: Alums need to stop giving
by: My Man MitchMay 26, 2016 11:12:14 PM

Yeah those alumni will quit donating and instead you'll pay more for tuition, is that ok?

By: My Man Mitch
by: @mitchMay 30, 2016 8:39:41 AM

We're paying for those non-tuition increases. Food has become unhealthy, frozen, pre made sh|t. Classes have gotten bigger, departments have been cut. Repairs are not being made. Dorm rooms and bathrooms still are crap next to other big 10 schools and our teams suck.

By: @mitch
#18  by: Alum    

Lots of babies whining on here. Please remind me never to hire any of you little douches.

By: Alum
by: PurdueMay 28, 2016 1:03:48 AM

I'd rather hire the man who tries to protect his organization than one who will simply step aside and do nothing.

By: Purdue
by: wellMay 31, 2016 12:08:24 PM

You SigEp alumni really do suck.

By: well
#19  by: Knockers   

So sad. Best frat and nicest guys on campus!

By: Knockers
#20  by: Knockers   

So Sad. Best frat and nicest guys on campus!

By: Knockers

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.