facebook

delta zeta

by: Sororities closing?

So I heard that UNC apparently once had a DZ chapter? What happened to make the chapter discontinue? How does that even work?

Posted By: Sororities closing?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yup   

Phi Mu and DZ both closed in the early 2000s due to lack of funds (lack of membership). Not sure how that process works exactly.

By: Yup
#2  by: .   

I heard they really cracked down on every little thing really hard in the second half of the 90s after the Phi Gam fire. There were a lot of frats and sororities that closed in the late 90s and early 2000s

By: .
#3  by: B   

Phi Mu got 4 pledges the year they closed. DZ got about 10 pledges the year they closed.

By: B
by: ???Sep 2, 2015 8:26:19 PM

How do you know this..??

By: ???
by: BSep 2, 2015 9:18:01 PM

Because I was at Carolina when they both closed

By: B
#4  by: UNC   

Sororities at UNC that closed: AGD, Phi Mu, Theta, Sigma, DPhiE, DZ (most recent closure- 2003)
Sororities that recolonized: Sigma, DPhiE, Phi Mu (recolonized 2007)
Like someone said upthread, they cracked down in the 90s. Theta and DPhiE both closed down in the 90s (DPhiE tried to recolonize but closed again a year later). DZ had to give up their house when they closed and it was abandoned for a while. Phi Beta Chi lives there now.

By: UNC
#5  by: Shell   

DZ closed because they got in trouble for breaking school policy (hazing and other activities). The chapter was suspended and after the suspension their numbers went down resulting in closing the chapter.

By: Shell
#6  by: Hmm   

Why on earth did sigma come back if they already had issues and had to close this chapter once before? I don’t think they’ll last more than a couple more years

By: Hmm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.