facebook

everyone is getting dropped

by: PNM

why is everyone getting dropped this year.....I am so sad. everyone around me has been getting dropped by Tri delt, kd, chi o, adpi, zeta, pi phi, and phi mu. why. im sad

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Buck up    

As a former Gamma Chi at Carolina, I used to give my girls this advice:

It is VERY common to be dropped by a number of houses throughout recruitment. Very very very few girls have a "perfect" or "near perfect" recruitment.

Rejection hurts. Take a moment to dry your eyes, collect yourself, and head out to visit the 4 outstanding houses left on your card. REMEMBER, these houses see something in YOU and they see YOU as a potential sister.

By: Buck up
#2  by: Jules   

Same.

By: Jules
#3  by: PNM   

I got dropped by everyone except for the bottom two houses too. I really enjoyed talking to the girls there but I don't feel like I fit in.

By: PNM
by: PNMAug 30, 2015 4:23:36 PM

Same. And I can't stop crying. I never thought recruitment would end like this for so many girls. All of my friends were dropped by almost everyone too. I was crying so hard when I had to withdraw but I couldn't justify spending $4,000 a year for a house I wasn't completely in love with.

by: SmhAug 30, 2015 4:39:06 PM

Well maybe if you would stop thinking you're too good for the "bottom" 2 houses, maybe you wouldn't be so upset right now.

By: Smh
by: PNMAug 30, 2015 4:43:27 PM

I didn't think I was "too good" for the bottom two houses. I just didn't feel like I fit in.

by: @saduncgirlAug 30, 2015 5:47:04 PM

^^to above:

This site is not the best place for advice. Your Gamma Chi is still the best option. However, with that said, here is my advice:

Stick with the 2 houses through pref night. Then you can decide whether to list both houses, suicide 1, or withdraw. If you get a bid, that will give you time to really get to know the girls. You can always drop out before initiation and rush again next year.

By: @saduncgirl
#4  by: Well   

I'd strongly recommend yall checking out Alpha Phi. It probably won't cost as much as they don't have a house yet and it has no reputation what so ever

By: Well
#5  by: Only 1 house left   

Reading your posts is making me cry!! I only have the bottom house left!!!! I'd give anything to have more than just the bottom house left :(

By: Only 1 house left
by: Only 1 house leftAug 30, 2015 7:33:28 PM

I think I'm going to go Sigma. I really want to join a sorority that has a physical house and established sisterhood. Not where I thought I would end up (I'm a legacy somewhere else), but I'm trying to see the big picture here. I'd rather be in a sorority, even the bottom one, than no sorority at all.

By: Only 1 house left
by: Me too!!Aug 30, 2015 7:45:57 PM

I've been cut by all but the bottom house too!!!!!! Devastated 😥

By: Me too!!
#6  by: Clarity needed   

I'm sorry to ask, but can y'all please clarify if by bottom 2, you mean Kappa and Sigma, or Pi Phi and Sigma? I've been cut by every house except for Pi Phi and Sigma.

By: Clarity needed
by: .Aug 30, 2015 8:26:04 PM

Kappa and sigma are technically bottom two

By: .
by: Clarity needed Aug 30, 2015 8:32:33 PM

Thanks! I was actually sad to get cut from Kappa. I liked them more than pi phi, but now I'm really hoping to get a bid from pi phi!

By: Clarity needed
#7  by: Sad   

Me as well as all of my friends that are rushing were cut by everyone but the bottom two as well. I am so dissapointed I dropped today which sucked because I really loved some of the houses.

By: Sad

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.