facebook

rankings/bids

by: Just wondering

So I'm wondering which sororities it's hard to get a bid from. Which sororities get all the leftovers? And what does it take to get a bid from a top one?

Posted By: Just wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Mid girl   

Top: my answer is know people. I can't tell you how often I have seen some girls in "top" houses and thought I was prettier/more athletic/whatever (some not all). I am in a mid tier house and honestly love it. The mid tiers are a lot of cool pretty girls and are sometimes even more desireable than a top house-depending on what you want. In my experience pi phi is the last resort for people who got dropped by everyone else. Like you often hear during the final rounds "if I don't get pi phi I'm done and rushing next year." But they tend to be last stop or better luck next year.

By: Mid girl
#2  by: KKG   

The only people I know who got into "top tier" sororities had connections on the inside, but I'm sure there are other ways.
I'm in one of the low tier sororities and i love it.
There isn't a bunch of catty pressure to climb up tiers or put other sororities down- we kind of just do our own thing. The result is a great sisterhood and genuine friendships.
I havnt had any problems getting invited to socials and events from guys in high/mid tier fraternities, and I always have a group of fun girls to go out with.
My friends who dropped bc they didn't get the sororities they wanted told me they regretted it bc they had trouble getting into any social events. Low tier isn't really different from high tier, and you can always participate in bid day and test out the sorority for a few weeks before initiation if you get one you weren't sure about.
As long as you are pretty/fun/cool , no one cares what sorority you're in. (And honestly any guy/girl that would judge you for something like that aren't really good friends & you're better off not letting them being you down)

By: KKG
by: YaAug 2, 2015 2:14:31 PM

Well said

By: Ya
#3  by: Okay   

Seeing as no one will give you a straight answer without promoting pi phi and kkg..... KD, Chi O, DDD, and ADPi would be the 4 hardest to get a bid from but are looking for different things. KD is more academics, ADPi is more wealth, DDD is more looks, and Chi O is more about personality.

By: Okay
by: HeyAug 3, 2015 7:17:31 AM

I was not promoting pi phi lol. I literally said they're the last stop before people drop off. As in everyone except the bottom 2 are desirable...and pi phi being barely desirable.

By: Hey
by: nopeMay 1, 2020 5:40:35 PM

If DDD is most interested in looks they sure aren’t very successful in recruiting the prettiest girls

By: nope
#4  by: Hey   

REPHRASE: it is not hard to get a bid from tri sig, kkg or pi phi. I was saying this is what a lot of people have near the end and most people resort to pi phi because they aren't the worst choice there (aka last stop).

By: Hey
by: uhhMay 3, 2020 5:24:27 PM

Pi phi literally has some of the most boring people I have ever met. Tri sig and kappa have women with a lot more personality and I had better conversations at those houses than I ever did at pi phi during recruitment.

By: uhh
#5  by: Lol   

This feed is from 2015 give it a break

By: Lol
by: WellMay 4, 2020 9:51:56 AM

Funny how it still holds true 5 yrs later

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.