facebook

question

by: jw

I know UNC is a really liberal school but I understand greek life in general tends to be more conservative. with that being said are there any sororities that are particularly liberal or conservative? or is it not really noticeable

Posted By: jw
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: In my experience   

Fraternities are typically much more conservative than the student body as a whole. I can't think of any "liberal fraternities," but you're more likely to find liberal dudes in the houses that have lots of northern/out of state kids. In the top tier, you may run across sons of Democratic politicians or the occasional hippie, but these are the exceptions. Notably, being (unnecessarily) over the top with conservatism is a frequent and prominent symptom of trying too hard.

Sororities, you really get everything.

By: In my experience
#2  by: point   

Top tier tends to be more conservative, ZTA & Tri sig as well. KKG seems to be more liberal. Everyone else seems moderate but conservative leaning. But each sorority has people of all political ties, so you could definitely find your niche where ever you end up.

By: point
by: ^Mar 18, 2015 11:06:37 PM

This

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.