facebook

fraternity rush

by: Help

Which frats are doing spring rush? Having been through rush once unsuccessfully what are some tips to be successful this time around? In other words how do I get a bid?

Posted By: Help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well...   

Big 4 won't do spring rush, D/K what Chi Phi/SAE plans are this time around (both sometimes do and sometimes don't). Everyone else will.

I don't know where you rushed last time and I'm sure you don't want to say, so I'll have to give general advice.

1) MOST IMPORTANT: Don't let your thinking be colored by "tiers." There is nothing wrong with being in a "middle tier" fraternity or even "lower tier." You will have a good time regardless. Don't let the rampant, sad insecurity that permeates this website make choices or close doors for you.
2) If you have friends from high school or last semester that are in fraternities, rush those houses. Knowing someone (in a positive manner) helps just about anywhere.
3) Have fun during rush and be sociable and talkative, but don't puke everywhere or sketch out girls.
4) Start big (rush a number of houses) and narrow it down quickly. Try to be in a position to have a bid from your first choice and a backup. This means attending as many events as you can. Commit to this. It's only for a week or so.
5) Be yourself, not what you think they're looking for. You could get a bid by faking to be someone you're not, but is faking how you want to spend the next 4 years?

Good luck to you.

By: Well...
by: ThanksDec 31, 2014 5:00:00 PM

I just rushed Chi Psi, and I couldn't really rush elsewhere because I live off campus. I can't find parking anywhere (i know it sounds ridiculous) but I can't find a way around it.

By: Thanks
by: Freaking Seriously?Jan 1, 2015 9:05:36 PM

Are you trolling?

Parking is a BS excuse. Sorry. If you park at one of the two usually wide open Rosemary Street decks, you are a 5-minute walk from ATO, LXA, PKP, and DU and a ~10 minute walk from Big and Little Frat Court. Or ride the bus. Or get a cab. This is a retarded excuse.

By: Freaking Seriously?
#2  by: No   

No I'm honestly not trolling that was an honest reason as to why I couldn't do too much this semester. I didn't know too much about parking because I'm a transfer.

By: No
#3  by: Help   

Try parking in the 6-6 lot in between university square and panera on franklin. It's free 6PM to 6 AM.

By: Help
by: Love YouJan 3, 2015 10:58:32 PM

Thank you so much!

By: Love You
by: YeahJan 6, 2015 10:46:08 AM

That works, that location is close to just about everything. I'd also consider riding the bus in and taking a cab home. Might be more expensive, but if you're able to drive home from a rush party, you're probably not doing it right. Be safe.

By: Yeah
#4  by: ?   

Are Chi Phi and SAE doing spring rush?

By: ?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.