facebook

Legacy To Kappa

by: PNMQUESTION

My mom was a Kappa and it’d be cool to also become one at UNC but this site has a lot of negativity about them here. I’d like to be in a sorority that is well-regraded and rank isn’t that important to me but I’d still like to be a sorority that people don’t mind associating with. Do I shoot for another sorority or try to follow my mom in KKG?

Posted By: PNMQUESTION
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

From a guy’s perspective, there are a lot of nice girls in Kappa and their house looks amazing, but basically every single fraternity refuses to mix/associate with them so they have to mix with groups that aren’t Greek life typically.

By: Truth
#2  by: 1234   

Hey girl,
The only advice I could give you is follow what you truly want! A lot of the things put on this website don’t wholesomely depict any sorority or frat. Go through recruitment with an open mind and see which sorority feels the best to you! Don’t go off of others perspectives and opinions, make them for yourself. After all these will (hopefully) be your sisters for life!

By: 1234
by: Bonzi GeebJun 3, 2020 10:07:41 AM

Yes they do.

By: Bonzi Geeb
#3  by: well   

I think it’s great you’re interested in kappa but my advice is to go through rush with an open mind towards all the sororities so you can determine which one is the best match for you.

By: well
#4  by: Jackie   

My best friend was a Kappa. She is stunningly beautiful, fun, and smart. This snobbery is disturbing. Stop spreading hatred and hurting people.

By: Jackie
by: .Jun 4, 2020 2:28:02 PM

Your self-ranks are so sad it hurts

By: .
#5  by: .   

KKG is viewed as the second worst sorority on campus. They’re flooding this thread and removing this comment each time it’s posted, but if you ask 99% of people on campus where they’d put KKG, it will be second to last. The fact they have to pretend otherwise is hilarious.

By: .
#6  by: hey   

hey! i have a lot of friends in kkg and they’re super nice! this website is full of snobs. kkg has a really strong sisterhood and a nice house. go through rush with an open mind, but if you do want to join kkg, do it!

By: hey
#7  by: real   

they're pretty overweight not gonna lie, still very nice girls but just so you know

By: real
by: NCJun 9, 2020 6:02:22 PM

^^^ And you’re just an AZZ HOLE. Not gonna lie!!

By: NC
#8  by: Guest   

As a current member of greek life and a Kappa legacy, I think it is important to go through recruitment with an open mind. I completely understand wanting to follow your mom and become a Kappa because I felt the same way but you’ll be much happier if you go through trying to find the right sorority for you, which may or may not be Kappa. Everyone, including members of Kappa, knows that they are bottom tier. Anyone who says tiers don’t exist or KKG is above bottom tier is delusional. If you’re looking for the status that comes from a top tier sorority, Kappa isn’t for you. There are definitely some girls in Kappa who give the rest of them a bad name but in my experience, most Kappas are actually pretty down to earth and fun to hang out with. There’s a wide range of girls in Kappa and almost anyone would be able to find a group they fit in with. Their house seems like a negative during recruitment because it’s so far from the rest but it’s a very convenient location for the rest of the year when you’re more concerned about getting to class than getting to the other houses in time. My best advice would be to go through recruitment and trust the process. If you try to get a certain bid because of the stereotypes you hear and what you read on here, you’ll probably end up being disappointed. Trust your gut and go where you feel at home. If that’s Kappa, great! If it’s any other sorority, great! No matter where you end up, if it’s the right fit for you, you’ll have a great experience and honestly no one really cares which sorority you end up in after recruitment is over.

By: Guest
#9  by: Reggie   

They a bunch of beaters, shoot for the moon, miss in the streets

By: Reggie

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.