facebook

Srat rec question

by: Srat

Im going through recruitment in the fall, how many recs do i need to get or each house?

Posted By: Srat
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

Recommendation letters DO NOT matter at all.

By: .
by: .02Apr 22, 2020 8:05:11 AM

I disagree, they do at top tiers

By: .02
by: LlApr 24, 2020 10:51:01 AM

I heard you need 5 to even be able to say their letter.

By: Ll
#2  by: jnc   

You need 2 for each of the top tier srats

By: jnc
#3  by: been there   

you actually don't need recs at all...they don't mean much even to top tier srats. i know plenty of girls who didn't have any recs but still went top tier, it just depends on how you present yourself, if you have connections in there, and if you're honestly just a good fit for that sorority

ex. a top tier isn't going to say "oh we love her but she doesn't have recs so we're not going to consider her further" ... they're not going to consider you further if they simply just don't vibe or if you're not high enough up on their preference lists

By: been there
by: NCApr 23, 2020 11:56:35 AM

Let me correct you by adding this: MANY national sororities do require a recommendation prior to bidding—at or before pref.
So it does NOT hurt to gather and send some recs.

By: NC
by: ??Apr 23, 2020 1:45:45 PM

which ones?

By: ??
#4  by: interesting   

Ok so if it helps to have a rec what if we already have friends in each sorority and are rushing as a sophomore?

By: interesting
by: burgerApr 23, 2020 6:23:09 PM

You probably want 2 recs for each house then so they can be sure they aren’t getting a biased view of you

By: burger
#5  by: ramses   

Definitely have 1 per house but the more the better for top tiers

By: ramses
#6  by: unc   

2 for each

By: unc

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.