facebook

good fraternity for me?

by: Manchild

I'm an incoming out-of-state freshman and I'd like to join a fraternity mainly for social reasons. I'd like to be in a fraternity that has good camaraderie and treats pledges relatively well (I'm fine with hazing as long as it doesn't go too far). I'm laid back and like to party somewhat but I'm not crazy into-it. There are times I would prefer to chill instead of go too hard. I like the traditional aspect of fraternities. My mother is a university executive so she's concerned about the academic aspect of Greek life. I'd like somewhere that is reputable, traditional and not too wild.

Posted By: Manchild
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: PiKA Pro   

You should look into PiKA. Great location on campus, great rep, mixers with top tier sororities.

By: PiKA Pro
#2  by: Lol   

Since when does pika mix with ddd/kd/xo/adpi?

Oh wait, they don't.

By: Lol
by: @LolAug 7, 2013 2:50:15 PM

I thought that post by PiKA Pro was sarcasm. Is it not sarcasm?

By: @Lol
#3  by: Manchild   

So I should avoid Pika then?

By: Manchild
by: billybobAug 7, 2013 8:42:45 PM

Yea I suggest you look into Sigma Nu. They'll take you the second they hear your mom is a university executive.

By: billybob
by: not necessarilAug 8, 2013 12:08:12 AM

go to their (and others) rush events. avoid chi psi, pi kapp, sig ep, sig nu, du, and anyone who doesnt have a house. pika, sig chi, kappa sig, sae, or chi phi could all be good bets for you.

By: not necessaril
#4  by: unc   

probably not chi phi or sae. he said he's not crazy into partying and doesn't want to get hazed really bad.

By: unc
#5  by: haze   

Kappa sig also hazes really bad FYI. And sig chi hazes a good amount as well

By: haze
by: hazedAug 8, 2013 2:43:46 AM

any decent fraternity hazes. big 4, kappa sig, frat court (except sig nu), chi phi all haze.

By: hazed
#6  by: Manchild   

What about Zete? I've read some good things.

by: theyAug 9, 2013 4:22:27 PM

are much better than this site makes them look

By: they
by: 2013HeelAug 21, 2013 7:00:59 PM

thats not true. they are terrible

By: 2013Heel
by: uncgreekAug 21, 2013 8:32:42 PM

def look into it. they don't party too often, but when they do, it's insane. Ying Yang twins

By: uncgreek
#7  by: if   

if you're trying to avoid getting hazed, dont even think about joining a decent fraternity. the harder they haze, the better they are as a fraternity. some might take that the wrong way but there's a correlation there and you're an idiot if you dont see it

By: if
#8  by: Manchild   

I'm fine with hazing as long as I don't suffer bodily or material harm. I saw that thing about pledges having spaghetti thrown at them in dress clothes. I don't want to have expensive dress clothes ruined by sauce.

by: RealisticAug 8, 2013 7:02:28 PM

Take articles you read from the Daily Tarheel with a grain of salt. Just fyi it's very liberal and not too pro-greek.

By: Realistic
by: @ManchildAug 8, 2013 7:38:02 PM

Also, don't wear expensive dress clothes during pledging because you're probably going to get them ruined.

By: @Manchild
by: lesson 1Aug 9, 2013 2:23:22 PM

the dth hates greeks because it's written by people who suck and didnt get a bid. it is a joke of a paper

By: lesson 1
#9  by: No   

The DTH is the best. There are plenty of Greeks on staff. The spaghetti thing is just funny to me, like if that's as bad as hazing got then I'd say that's not bad at all. I hear Sig Ep doesn't haze. But other than that I feel like your chances of not having anything at least a little extreme happen are pretty low.

By: No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.