facebook

frats on the rise

by: UNC

Which frats would you say are on the rise?

Posted By: UNC
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: UNC   

Kappa Sig and PiKA are the two that have been doing a lot better over the past couple years than in the past.

By: UNC
#2  by: Yeah   

And Sig Chi and Phi Gam are the two that aren't doing as well as in the past.

By: Yeah
#3  by: frat   

I'd say Chi Psi is on the rise

By: frat
by: haMay 3, 2013 9:30:56 PM

lol. good joke

By: ha
#4  by: UNC   

SAE is, in my opinion, one of the best fraternities at UNC as they have a great brotherhood, good average GPA, good social life (mix with all top sororities), and have great parties. I'm not sure how losing one of their houses in big frat court will affect them but they got a great pledge class this year.

Also, Chi Psi got 2 really good pledge classes this year. They seem to be having more parties, and have a huge house and property, top GPA, and is the biggest fraternity on campus (over 100 brothers). Definitely been on the rise in the past few years.

By: UNC
#5  by: Greek   

Phi Gam got a huge pledge class this year (25 or so) while most other pledge classes are in the mid-teens.

By: Greek
#6  by: Wow   

The Chi Psi self ranking on there is insane. They are definitely not on the rise and having 2 parties this year instead of just one isn't a significant improvement at all. I hope no one takes those posts seriously.

By: Wow
by: AgreedMay 3, 2013 2:42:04 PM

Chi Psi takes a HUGE spring class each year. Hard to justify yourself as "on the rise" if you consistently do that. And they are probably the biggest try hards in Greek life

I think SAE is definitely rising/ has been rising for a while. Beta has also definitely moved up from behind Phi Delt and DKE to the best fraternity on campus.

Also, I think you need to look at the quality of Phi Gam's pledge class in the fall rather than just numbers. There are some scrubs in that. Let's be real, Phi Gam might have alot of history but you'd be hard pressed to convince alot of people that they still deserve the big 4 title.

By: Agreed
#7  by: Lol   

Jokes on you if you think Beta is the best frat on campus...?

Going up:
SAE
Chi Psi (girls have better and better impressions of them, even if guys dont)
Pi Kapp
Phi Delt (top frat on campus...much more popular than even DKE)

Going down:
Phi Gam
Zete...and the rest of little frat court just to put it out there
Sig Nu

Staying the same:
Pika (mediocrity)
SX (dirty as ever, fun as ever)
Sig Ep (unless Pi Phis are now the determiners of top frats)
DKE
Beta
Chi Phi

By: Lol
by: YupMay 14, 2013 4:15:52 PM

This pretty much nails it in the head

By: Yup
by: youMay 17, 2013 8:14:48 PM

You could have left Sigma Chi at "dirty." The fun part isn't as true now as it was a few years ago. Now they are just try hards who wish they didn't have the worst house and land in big frat court (other than AEPi's new house, but that doesn't count.)

By: you
#8  by: haha   

yeah zete and phi gam are really going down.....not true

By: haha
by: honestlyMay 15, 2013 4:19:04 PM

Phi Gam took a big class this year, but if you actually look at some of the kids they took they got some bad ones. (Fields.) Zete is basically bottom tier, they would have a hard time going down any further.

By: honestly
#9  by: nice try   

zete's on the rise.

By: nice try
by: right... May 15, 2013 4:17:58 PM

yeah Zete is doing really well. They have so many parties and get awesome pledge classes. (Sarcasm)

By: right...
by: zateMay 15, 2013 9:55:29 PM

they always get a few from dke and phi gam so theres something there

By: zate

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.