facebook

importance of rankings?

by: Hi

I'm thinking of rushing in the fall and I'm just curious. I see a lot of posts ranking the sororities here, but how much do people really care or how much are those rankings really set in stone? Are the rankings more opinions or do people talk about them a lot off this site? I don't think I really want to rush if rankings are a big deal at UNC.

Posted By: Hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

Most people don't even know what houses are even at the school. The only people that care about it are other Greeks, and, even then, it's mainly a fraction of the Greek community.

By: .
#2  by: !   

Definitely give rushing a shot if you're interested! While recruitment is a wildly superficial and whirlwind process, you will likely be able to tell which houses might be like this (and are ones you'd want to avoid then). There are many houses that don't care too much about tiers and if you seek those out, you might find that it's something you really enjoy. While we are a school in the South, the system is in not nearly as dependent on tiers as systems you might see in larger SEC schools.
If you give rushing a shot and don't like it, the worst thing that happens is that you find out it's not for you. No harm in that.

By: !
#3  by: Nope   

Rankings and tiers only matter to people going through rush. And maybe insecure alumni. Once you find your house, that's all you pay attention to. Nothing like the SEC schools.

By: Nope
#4  by: egg   

Though ADPi does seem obsessive about keeping up their image.

By: egg
by: ByeJan 4, 2017 2:11:57 PM

ADPi's are some of the most chill girls I know. No need for this negativity.

By: Bye

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.