facebook

housing

by: James78

What are the fraternities houses like? I'm going to pick which to join after I meet them all and see which one I connect with the best and receive a bid from but out of curiousity I've only seen KA. How are they all?

Posted By: James78
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Fratty   

Don't let the fact that KA and Theta Xi have houses off campus fool you, just because they have a house not run by the school doesnt mean that they are good or the best. At one point everyone (Delt, SigTau, TKE) all had off campus houses and some have plans for new ones in the works. See who you fit in best with and who has the things you are looking for decide where you go, not a house. Houses can go, but brotherhood is forever

By: Fratty
#2  by: Honest Sorority Gal   

KA and Theta Xi have off campus houses so they can have actual meetings in house as well as have social events in house. No other fraternities can have social events in the house. The on campus fraternity houses are a joke. There are so many restrictions and rules you may as well have a fraternity house in the dorms. All of the fraternities who say they are getting a house are actually not by the time you graduate. I went through recruitment years ago and many that said they were getting houses still haven't. It shows the level of a fraternity if they have the resources and the alumni to have an off campus house. The Theta Xi house is sort of off campus and they don't have many events there. It is great that they have a house though! The KA house is the newest and the nicest on campus. It is 10 yards from Fayard Hall which is where tons of classes are so it's super convenient. Personally, my sisters and I like the KA house the best! It is architecturally beautiful and we always have so much fun there!!

By: Honest Sorority Gal
#3  by: Selu2013   

The on campus fraternity houses are all the same. With that being said, they are all nice and most of them are clean (with a few exceptions). They cannot have alcohol in the house which some like and some do not agree with. The two off campus houses (Theta Xi and Kappa Alpha) are both very nice. KA's house is more centrally located on campus but I have heard Theta Xi's is nice.

By: Selu2013
#4  by: Fratstrap   

The KA house looks nice until you walk around to the side of it. It's basically a really expensive front porch with a trailer in the back.

By: Fratstrap
#5  by: Yep   

KA house is the best with Theta Xi in second. KA house is the newest and nicest on campus and has an enormous leveled out upstairs that is great for social events. No on campus fraternities can have alcohol in their houses. Theta Xi has a cool house but it is older and further from campus.

By: Yep
#6  by: KappaSigmaBroselu   

KA house is cool, but it really is a glorified FEMA trailer. Theta Xi's house is actually very nice. And from what I've heard from the sororities, they throw down hard. Go for for what suits you, the on campus houses suck don't even try and live there. You might as well be in a prison cell. Trust me I lived in it for 3 years.

By: KappaSigmaBroselu
#7  by: sororityMiss   

I don't know if people have seen the inside of the KA house. It is really big and just has rooms on the back of it. I love it especially the upstairs which is AWESOME for parties!

By: sororityMiss
by: umm yeah..Jun 28, 2013 3:53:17 AM

It's actually quite small and the upstairs is super cramped (also smells terrible). Not saying it's bad, but it's not as great as the members talk it up to be.

By: umm yeah..
by: Hmmm. Yeah...Jun 28, 2013 6:21:48 PM

It's bigger than any other house has and when you have parties that have 150-200 people at them, things can get crowded. They also have a large downstairs if it is too packed. Not saying it's like a LSU house but at least they have an off campus house that they can actually have events at.

By: Hmmm. Yeah...
#8  by: SeluFratter   

The on campus fraternity houses SUCK. They are tiny and disgusting. You are not allowed to have a beer inside of them. No alcohol. It's like living in the dorms. They can be searched by police and university workers at any time.

By: SeluFratter

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.