facebook

aepi chapter disaffiliates from national org.

by: IFC

tuftsdaily.com/news/2015/01/30/alpha-epsilon-pi-disaffiliate s-national-organization

The above link is the recent article regarding Tuft's Chapter of AEPi breaking away form their National Organization.

The article states.....The Tufts chapter of Alpha Epsilon Pi (AEPi) has voted to disaffiliate from its national organization due to a difference of opinion, the brothers wrote in a statement.

“Our long-term goals do not align with those of our national organization,” the brothers wrote in an open letter emailed to the Daily.

The chapter, which was founded on Tufts campus in 1940, voted unanimously to disaffiliate and brought the decision to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life yesterday, according to Director of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs Su McGlone. “The fraternity came forward as a whole,” she said.
.....McGlone said the university stands by the former AEPi brothers as they make this transition.

“They’ve decided to cut ties with the national organization,” McGlone said. “The university supports their right to affiliate as an independent organization.”
The former brothers of AEPi can continue to live on campus, because the house they occupy is owned by the university, according to McGlone. They plan to transition to either an independent social organization or a chapter of a different national fraternity, according to their announcement.

“I’m looking forward to seeing what they decide to do. They have a lot of options,” McGlone said.

Posted By: IFC
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: HA2   

Do these guys think that any other top tier fraternity would even consider merging with these goobers now?

By: HA2
by: IFCFeb 2, 2015 11:29:55 AM

I understand the reason why they want to disaffiliate, but I me it's show disrespect and lack of loyality to a fraternity you pledge an oath to protect and uphold the integrity of the brotherhood. Tha t alone many be a concern to another National GLO.

By: IFC
#2  by: Well   

many small national fraternities would be happy to have this group affiliate with them. But I'm guessing these former AEPi guys would prefer to affiliate with a big fraternity.

By: Well
#3  by: Honestly   

I'm sure these guys could find a big fraternity to affiliate with...in 4 years after the ex-AEPis have graduated and this has died down.

By: Honestly

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.