facebook

will sororities accept transfer students?

by: transfer student

I am considering transferring to tufts from a very large state school where I was completely unsuccessful in rush. Will sororities here even consider sophomore transfer students?? I want to be in a sorority so badly....

Posted By: transfer student
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: !!!   

Sororities will definitely consider you here. It's not weird for non-freshmen to rush or join at tufts, like it is at some larger schools.

By: !!!
#2  by: lol   

we have a guaranteed bid system, so you will 100% get a bid (if greek life isn't still suspended)

By: lol
by: agreeFeb 22, 2017 6:04:00 PM

IMO Chi Omega is wise and classy and will def not go along if admin imposes immediate initiation.

Tufts need to do away with 100% bids. Admin should open sorority recruitment to RFM system everyone else has and bring AGD in Spring 2019 after regular recruitment. By waiting for AGD until 2019 sororitys can build-up membership following their 2017 recruitment losses.

By: agree
by: oopsMar 9, 2017 8:36:23 PM

A guaranteed bid system may be why she wants to come here. NOT a good sign. Where does she currently attend school?

By: oops
by: ok...Mar 10, 2017 8:46:41 AM

She is asking if she would get a bid here so obviously she doesn't know about the guaranteed bid system... chill out

By: ok...
by: triadMar 12, 2017 8:20:07 PM

She's asking if she will be considered, not if she will be bid. And since she wants only great groups where the new members do not party (see her posts below this one) she may choose not to 'consider' any of the sorority invitations she is given. She should also consider there may no longer be a Tufts system and consider her options elsewhere.

By: triad
by: thanks triadMar 15, 2017 12:16:13 AM

I'm not really sure why you're so angry at me simply asking questions about the Tufts greek community. If it's filled with nasty people like you then you're right, I should and will consider other options instead. Thanks for your input!

By: thanks triad
by: triadMar 16, 2017 1:13:10 PM

You're welcome, @thankstriad. Just warning you there may no longer be greeks at Tufts. That heads-up gets you where you want to be.

By: triad
#3  by: and so   

Saving your money to belong to the one eventual org you deem proper and reasonable is a good thing. You may be very happy here with a wiser bid. And if you do not receive a bid here its good to know that, as you wrote here, you will feel less depressed and left out here than you did there. It may be prudent to uplift your spirits by not listening to any rumors you read here or hear on campus about Tufts groups, as I would not want you to miss the bid of your dreams.

By: and so
#4  by: first   

Isn't an education far more important than choosing a sorority when attending a school with our reputation and facilities? How is it you decided being in a top (not BOTTOM as you defined it) sorority is a reason to attend here?

By: first
by: to @firstMar 17, 2017 5:40:16 PM

She mentions above she realizes the entire greek system is horrible due to tiers. Then she asks about sorority tiers, whether Tufts has them and do they matter. Apparently she still wants "to belong to a sorority so badly" somewhere, somehow. This is greekrank, transfer student, and on this site you will see tiers mentioned and rankings made. It doesn't matter if or whether they exist in real life. They exist HERE ON GREEKRANK and in your own mind if you let them. Your chances to join a greek group here may already be cut short due to your previous recruitment. It is entirely possible some greek houses here will never recruit a woman to their house if another of their chapters has cut her from their recruitment invitation lists.

By: to @first
#5  by: wow   

FOR THE LAST TIME. I never said that I PERSONALLY support tiers or that I want to be in a "top tier" or whatever. I am just saying that at my current school "tiers" matter a lot and are very much talked about by students. Girls are very catty and mean about it as are guys. ALL I wanted to know was to what extent this issue exists at Tufts, because I would have assumed it would be lesser since Tufts has a much smaller greek program than where I am now, but based on everyone's snarky remarks I'm guessing it's more true than I thought.

By: wow
by: @truthMar 19, 2017 3:49:54 PM

You state very clearly in post March 15, 2017 at 12:11:56AM you were cut from all but two "BOTTOM" houses, and you realize you are perpetuating the standard of tiers by not wanting to join those chapters. Stereotypes exist for a reason, and you chose and admitted you chose to stereotype. If you typed those words without proofreading them, correct our impressions. But don't give us alternative facts to what we can plainly read right here.

By: @truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.