facebook

someone please explain rush:)

by: PNM

Could someone explain what happens each day at sorority rush? (outfit suggestions, what to expect, when we narrow down our choices)

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Info   

Day 1 (Meet the Sisters)- 9 20 minute rounds with 20 min between it. At the end of the day you drop 3.

Day 2 (Philanthropy)- up to 6 40 minute rounds with 20 mins in between. At the end of the day you drop 2. Some people don't go to 6 rounds. It depends how many orgs you get invited back to.

Day 3 (Sisterrood)- up to 4 40 minute rounds with 20 mins in between. At the end of the day you drop 2. Again some people don't go to 4 rounds.

Day 4 (Preference)- 2 60 minute rounds. The end of the day you rank the 2 ceremonies you attended.

Days 1-3 you wear jeans and the tee shirt they give you. You can dress it up with different accessories and shoes. Day 4 is formal and people wear dresses.

By: Info
by: ^^Jan 12, 2016 8:47:29 PM

on the nicer end. I would stay away from sundresses or anything too casual as prefs are pretty formal

By: ^^
#2  by: also   

you're also not allowed to wear watches!

By: also
#3  by: question   

how much does it matter which sororities PNMs want and which PNMs sororities want? like can I get called back to a sorority I cut? and can I get called back to a sorority that I love but if they cut me?

By: question
by: ResponseJan 16, 2016 12:25:46 PM

you can get called back to sororities that you cut if too many sororities cut you for that day (say you cut sororities A and B but sorority C which you didn't cut cuts you, you'll still get called back to either A or B), and no, if you get cut by a sorority you won't be invited back

By: Response
by: :)Jan 16, 2016 1:12:26 PM

thank you!!! :)

By: :)
by: basicallyJan 16, 2016 11:43:48 PM

It matters more what sororities want. If you get cut from a sorority one of the days, that's it.. you're cut no matter if they were your top choice or last choice.

Example:
~After the first day of rounds I decide on the paper I fill out to cut tri sig and phi sig.
~The next morning I get called back to dz, zta, sk, dphie, tri sig, and phi sig.
~~~You might wonder why you're being called back to the two you cut. It's because theta phi and axid cut you. To fill those two gaps, they bring you back to the sororities that still want you, even though you cut them.

Moral of the story--what the sororities want takes precedence

By: basically
#4  by: Bid day?   

What do we wear on bid day??

By: Bid day?
by: ExperienceJan 18, 2016 2:36:05 PM

Usually jeans and whatever shoes and a cami and a cardigan so you can change into the bid day shirt of whatever organization you get a bid to!

By: Experience

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.