facebook

sorority interest

by: tcnj2018

Hi! I'll be a freshman this fall and definitely want to join a sorority. Some of these posts are so outdated though, so what are the current rankings/reputations? What's the best way to figure out which sorority I want to be in? Any tips?

Posted By: tcnj2018
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hi   

TOP TIER (no order): dz, zta, kd
MIDDLE (in order): sk, dphie, theta
BOTTOM (in order): tri sig, phi sig

By: Hi
#2  by: anon   

the best way to figure out which you want to be in is to actually talk to the girls in the sororities, not read these posts. Go to their interest sessions, ask them questions, talk to them on campus. Get to know them and see where you feel comfortable.

By: anon
#3  by: HEY   

Go to as many interest sessions as you possibly can and keep a completely open mind during recruitment! 9/10 you end up where you belong just through the rush process. Try to not pay too much attention to stereotypes because literally every single sorority has some great girls and some not so great ones

By: HEY
#4  by: greek   

best tip i can give you is to literally ignore everything on this website and get to know the girls yourself because all of the comments are either self written or made up to make one organization look good and make another organization look bad. best way to find where you belong is to meet sisters and see who you click with!

By: greek
by: greeklifeAug 18, 2014 8:54:20 AM

word

By: greeklife
#5  by: yup   

yeah on here most negative comments are written by someone with something against that particular group, and most positive ones are by people trying to boast their imagine, most of its fake. I feel as though over the past few years the divide between sororities has lessened and we've been emphasizing "panhell love" a lot more lately. thats not saying that everyone is best friends but I personally think this "competition" of who's the best and all has decreased recently and everyone just kind of wants to have fun and enjoy these few years in college together making memories, not enemies.

By: yup
by: -Aug 5, 2014 2:37:06 PM

amen

By: -
#6  by: anonymous   

Honestly, rankings tend to be done by people who aren't even in greek life. Also, many girls in the sororities have friends in other sororities- if you want to try and fit in with a "cool" one, you will be miserable and probably not get a bid to that organization anyways

By: anonymous
#7  by: anon   

Here's the thing about tcnj greek life. Yes, there are tiers, but the tiers are not so drastically different and clear cut as some other schools tier system. Yes, there are gorgeous girls in top tier sororities, but there are also gorgeous girls in middle and lower tier sororities as well. Likewise, there are some girls in top tier sororities that are not stunning, but there are similar looking girls in middle and lower tier sororities as well. At most other schools, sorority tiers are very obvious, but here at tcnj, the girls tend to blend in with one another. Talk to the girls in every organization, not just the ones that you THINK you want to belong to. In the end, you will end up where you belong, so if you go in with an open mind and really trust that the recruitment process will work, you will be happy with your choice. Even though we all may be a part of different organizations, I'm pretty sure that everyone, no matter the org would encourage you to join a sorority!

By: anon
#8  by: get to know them all   

yes the there are tiers, yes the rankings are widely agreed upon both by girls in sororities, boys in frats, and people not in any organizations, and yes the rankings go:
top: dphie, dz, zta, kd (no order)
bottom: sk, theta, phi sig, tri sig (order)

but get to know all organizations, it's not about being popular, it's about finding your home away from home. it's about finding your sisters, not about being considered popular. go to interest sessions, get to know girls, you'll find where you belong.

By: get to know them all
by: uhAug 20, 2014 2:54:48 PM

clearly you know nothing about Greek life at TCNJ if you ranked phi sig above tri sig

By: uh
#9  by: uh   

^^And if you put dphie in the top LOL

By: uh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.