facebook

Genuine Advice for PNMS (Spring 2024)

by: Sororities

I made this post last year and thought it'd be helpful for this year's PNMs. I've updated the info so it's more relevant for this year:

Recruitment at TCNJ is based on a mutual selection system. What that means is that after each round, you rank the sororities in order of how much you liked them, and the sororities rank you in order of how much they liked you. If you rank a sorority high and they rank you high, you're likely getting invited to the next round. Sororities also only have a limited number of spots to invite people to the next round, so a sorority may have really liked you, but if all of their spots for the next round have been filled up by people they ranked higher than you, then you will not be invited to the next round.

This year, (as far as I know) KD is not doing/can't do recruitment because they're on a 12 month suspension. They got in trouble for normal sorority activities (drinking and hazing) that other sororities on campus engage in as well (and just haven't been caught), so nothing out of the ordinary there.

Truthfully you can't go wrong with being in any of the top 6 sororities on campus (in no particular order they are DPHIE, KD, ZTA, SK, AXID, DZ). Even if you get a bid from your 2nd choice the day after pref night, you should accept the bid and try it out even if they weren't your first choice. All of these sororities have negative things written on their individual greek rank pages, but it is very likely you'll have the best time being a part of one of these sororities because they are all involved on campus, have good relationships with other greek orgs, and have good sisterhood. And if you don't like where you ended up, you can always drop before initiation.

However, you may fall into the category of people who have Theta and Tri Sig on pref night. Typically those who have Theta on pref night also have Tri Sig on pref night. This is because these are the 2 bottom tier sororities on campus. However, if you receive a bid from Theta, this likely means one of two things: One is that you're actually a good fit for Theta; You like Theta and Theta likes you. Yay! You should take the bid, regardless of the sorority's tier. If you made good connections with Theta girls during rounds, then their rank shouldn't matter to you. Generally, people think that Theta girls have good vibes, aren't boring and go out to mixers, and are really tight-knit group with good sisterhood.

Or, receiving a bid from Theta can mean that on pref night, Theta and Tri Sig were your two options, so you put Theta first only because on a campus level, Theta is more popular than Tri Sig. If you truly felt you did not make at least a few good connections at Theta, don't take the bid. Don't accept a bid from Theta just because you don't want to be in Tri Sig. Decline the bid, see who's COBing, give the sororities who are COBing a shot, and if you still don't like any of them, try recruitment again next year.

Tri Sig is considered the worst sorority on campus in terms of involvement, relations with other greek orgs, and popularity. No one goes into recruitment wanting to be a Tri Sig, and many drop once they see it's a waste of money. However, there is some potential for growth there because there are so few members currently, and if a solid group of active PNMs came in and turned things around, Tri Sig would probably rise in the social rankings.

That's it for now. Hope this helps!

Posted By: Sororities
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: !   

this was so informative thx!! <3

By: !
#2  by: Advice   

This is so informative and honestly so true. To add on, I really think all PNMS should not worry too much about rankings at all and go in open minded. I wish I had done this during recruitment last year. I ended up dropping my org before initiation because I didn’t think I really fit in, and I was too worried about how other people would perceive me. It really influenced my choice. I didn’t go for it again this year but I still wonder if things would have been different for me if I was more intentional and mindful last year. Saying this because I hope it can help others, I have no bad feelings toward my old org, it just wasn’t for me. I wish everyone rushing the best of luck and I am so happy for you all to find your homes! :)

By: Advice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.