facebook

sorority dues

by: FroshPNM

Although I really want to do recruitment next semester, my parents don't want to spend too much on sorority dues. About how much does being in a sorority cost per semester? Also, are there other costs that dues don't cover? And lastly, are dues different for each organization? Thanks!

Posted By: FroshPNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: $   

Each sorority is slightly different but dues will range anywhere from 200-300 a semester. Usually, the first semester you are in your organization (if you join one, that'll be this spring), is a little more expensive for initial fees and things like that. Extra fees are minimal, anywhere from 5-10-15 dollars, usually for small things like shirts, etc. I'm pretty sure most organizations offer payment plans incase you can't pay it all at once. I promise it's worth it though!!!!

By: $
#2  by: %   

When you start to go through rounds you will get a brochure that lists every sorority's average semesterly dues. Among sororities at TCNJ dues range from $200-500+. But you'll have to go out for rounds and find out for yourself! Most organizations do offer payment plans, so join a sorority for the people and where you feel you belong, not how much it costs.

By: %
#3  by: als0   

there are lots of fees all throughout the semester that may not be included in the official DUES that are listed. usually the chapters who have higher dues are more all-inclusive-- for example, you won't have to pay extra for formal because you've already paid for it in your dues. there may be some apparel items you get automatically because you've paid your dues. usually when the dues are less on paper, it means that these fees will have to be paid separately and you may need to pay a lot of money for your formal, etc.

By: als0
by: truthJan 14, 2014 9:36:05 AM

^ keep what the person said above in mind

By: truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.