facebook

unsure about rushing

by: future rush

i'm thinking about rushing but i'm scared i won't find a sorority with people i genuinely get along with. Do u think it's worth it to go through rush and just drop if i don't like any of the sororities i get called back to?

Posted By: future rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: just rushed   

I think it's worth it! I felt the same way going into rush last semester and I told myself I'd see it through till the end and if I didn't find a sorority where I felt comfortable I wouldn't join. I ended up finding one with some great genuine girls, so I joined and I'm glad I did! A heads up though, rush is definitely physically and emotionally draining. I honestly think the process is designed to make you feel bad. They make it seem like everything will just fall into place beautifully and you'll be called back to x amount of sororities each day but for most people it isn't like that. Definitely give rushing a chance and keep an open mind! If you change your mind you could always try rushing again the next year.

By: just rushed
#2  by: Just rushed this spring!   

Yes I think it's worth it!! The chances are you will find a sorority where you click with the girls!! Interest sessions are super important so you can kind of have an idea of the sororities you'll be rushing before recruitment! The most important thing is to have an open mind! It's inevitable to have a top choice and have one that you're really hoping for but go in with an open mind and just be yourself!! Take advantage of all of the interest sessions and 'meet the sisters' events that you can! While the process can be very tiring and draining it will be worth it in the end! Goodluck!!!

By: Just rushed this spring!
#3  by: omg yes do it girl   

It is so worth it, promise. There are so many sororities, and they all are a little different. You'll find different girls in each room during rounds and they'll all be very nice. Trust me you'll have a hard time ranking them all lol. Just remember to follow your heart during it and be yourself. You'll find your home as they say. And if it doesn't work out its totally fine to drop whenever, it's not weird or anything. A couple girls do each year, and there are many people at TCNJ who arent in greek life

By: omg yes do it girl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.