facebook

hazing hazing tsk tsk

by: scandalous

anyone have information and/or details on the DPHIE or Phi Sig scandals that are currently in progress right now??

Posted By: scandalous
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: tak   

Phi Sig hazed a girl and the girl reported it to Dave Conner.

By: tak
by: loveallMar 14, 2013 12:11:41 AM

Fellow Greeks, each organization has its strengths and its flaws. I think it's disgusting that Greeks are bashing each other on this website. We have enough people that don?t believe in us and what we do. Instead of tearing each other apart, we should be sticking together. Have pride in your organization, and yourself by being classy and refraining from hurtful comments. Whether or not you like some other Greeks or not doesn?t matter. We all wear letters across our chest.

By: loveall
#2  by: haha   

heard a dphie pledge got punched in the face and mothers were reporting them missing bc they couldn't get service in the attic they make them snooze in

By: haha
#3  by: 123   

i heard phi sig is suspended for 3 years?

By: 123
by: ljMar 5, 2013 9:52:45 PM

No decision has been made yet on any of the three cases.

By: lj
by: ljMar 5, 2013 9:52:46 PM

No decision has been made yet on any of the three cases.

By: lj
#4  by: breakingthelaw   

what is there to decide? Hazing is illegal and everyone has known that these organizations have been doing this for years. No matter how big or how small, hazing is hazing and it is literally against the law. Connor should not take that lightly.

By: breakingthelaw
#5  by: lmnop   

If they're gonna get rid of these three sororities, they've gotta get rid of some fraternities. Some of the things certain fraternities do to their pledges is absolutely appalling and downright CRUEL.

By: lmnop
by: lmnopMar 7, 2013 9:22:49 PM

And every single fraternity hazes except for AEPi. So it looks like goodbye to everyone.

By: lmnop
#6  by: a;lshg;oa   

Getting rid of them may be a little drastic but I do think their should be some repercussions for their actions. Why not force them to take a fall class or snap bid...there were so many girls this time around in recruitment that got cut on the first day and many that ended up dropping after the 3rd round bc there were so many girls and such drastic cuts. Why not make them participate in Fall recruitment to give those girls another shot...I personally know a lot of girls who are still devastated for not being able to be a part of greek life and with the rumors of no one taking a fall class they are even more sad that they may have to wait a whole year until spring recruitment. I don't think they should be kicked off but maybe make this definitely negative situation into something positive for other girls who want to be involved in greek life!

By: a;lshg;oa
by: LmnopMar 8, 2013 9:57:10 AM

I don't think the administration would see taking a fall class as a punishment, unfortunately. I'm sure any of these three organizations would be ECSTATIC to receive that as punishment. I do agree there should be punishment, and that the new member education of each organization should be monitored closely for a few semesters to make sure it doesn't happen again.
And I know at least Phi Sig, if they are still on campus, will have to take a fall class because they got so few girls from recruitment.

By: Lmnop
#7  by: offhighhorse   

i think that some of these organizations feel they are too good to take a fall pledge class because that is usually reserved for sororities who are not popular to get enough girls in spring recruitment...although it may not be a harsh punishment it may make a point that they aren't as cool or better than any of the other greek organizations

By: offhighhorse
#8  by: facts   

everything you hear are rumors. the only people that know the true stories are the ones involved so instead of posting what you think you heard and creating your own punishments for these sororities, maybe you should focus on something else.

By: facts
by: seriouslyMar 9, 2013 1:39:28 PM

Could not agree more. It doesn't matter how you THINK people should be punished, and I highly doubt anyone knows what actually happened, considering everything from a scavenger hunt to hanging out past 11pm is considered hazing. It's not up to you, it's up the the office that handles these things. Whether they choose to make an example of these sororities or to give these girls, who are still students and still trying to learn what flies and what doesn't in the world, a second chance (with punishment, of course).

By: seriously
#9  by: Chillsssssss   

I've actually had two of these three "rumors" confirmed by sisters in the organizations. And people are just stating what they "have heard" everyone knows these are rumors until someone steps forward from
The organizations to say they are true but like I said two Instances have been confirmed that these sororities have allegations against them for hazing but the decisions are still in process. I agree that people
Shouldn't be making up punishments seeing as no one knows the whole story.

By: Chillsssssss
#10  by: sorority   

dz, phi sig, and dphie should be on social probation and not be eligible to participate in recruitment for two years. Also their nationals should send representatives to monitor their behavior if they don't want to lose their charter

By: sorority
by: reallyMar 9, 2013 1:34:20 PM

If they were to not let them recruit for two years, they might as well call it quits now. No sorority can go two years without taking new girls and continue to exist. It's a death sentence, but a slow and painful one.

By: really

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.