facebook

how does fall recruitment work?

by: transfer

I just transferred and I want to join a sorority as soon as I can. I know how recruitment works in the spring, but does anyone know what its like in the fall?

Posted By: transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hey transfer   

Hey! So sometime in the semester there will be an interest session about greek life as a whole and all of the orgs (whether if they're taking a fall class or not) will be there! I'm sure by then the orgs that will be taking a fall class will know if they are, and they will give you dates of interest sessions that you will be required to go to. I believe you also have to sign up online to go out to those interest sessions and there may be a fee but I'm not 100% sure on that. They are a lot more relaxed and they aren't as stressful and long as formal recruitment rounds in the spring. Just keep in mind not all orgs take fall classes, but def go to the main interest session about greek life as a whole to learn about all of them and go from there (:

By: hey transfer
#2  by: :)   

look out for information on interest sessions! They are usually posted on the sororities instagrams and facebooks in the next coming weeks. Interest sessions are on campus or off campus (they will provide transportation) events that are pretty casual and you just talk to a bunch of the girls in the sorority for a while. This is a really cool chance for them to get to know you without the stresses behind formal recruitment. Only some sororities participate in fall recruitment so they will either announce at the interest session or before if they are doing it. Go to as many interest sessions as you want and if you are interested in joining, you can talk to their recruitment chair there to find out more information and tell them that you want to join:)

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.