facebook

sigma kappa

by: Anon

I don't see Sigma Kappa in the rankings at all for tcnj. I'm looking to join Greek life and I haven't been able to get a good read on them. Opinions on sigma kappa tcnj?

Posted By: Anon
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: H   

The commenter above is right about fraternities that do homecoming/greek week with them not liking them at the end. They're usually disappointed because they expect a lot of girls to go out (since there are like, 70+) but they typically don't. From friends I know in this organization, they're not close at all and you're more likely to see girls in SK hanging out with girls in other sororities than each other (not that there's anything wrong with having friends in other sororities). I've actually seen two girls (wearing letters, so they were NOT new) introducing themselves to each other. So it's a good sorority to join if you don't actually want a sisterhood, but want greek letters.

That said, the girls themselves are pretty nice and friendly.

By: H
#2  by: sk2   

These two postings are absolutely ridiculous.. I personally am not in a sorority but I do have a few friends in Sigma Kappa and I know for a fact that they are a pretty close sorority.. yes there are cliques but that is natural and will happen in any sorority!! I am constantly seeing sigma kappas all over campus together in packs so saying they dont hang out together is false. I don't know how you'd even be able to judge a whole organization unless you were a part of it. ((also, most likely written by competing sororities)) the girls that I've met before are all so nice and down to Earth.

By: sk2
#3  by: conjguy   

i dont really know anything about their organization besides their car show but when they wear their rugby shirts, i can always spot at least 3 always together in the lib, eick, or just walking around. its like playing wheres waldo tcnj style

By: conjguy
#4  by: greeklyfe   

if you expect (70+) girls to all be best friends, thats ridiculous. sigma kappa is a good organization and they're involved in philanthropy and are all very nice. i have friends in SK and its not a bad thing that they can have other conversations besides ones about the sorority. also they don't haze at all. but i guess if you're looking to go hard every single weekend, SK may not be for you.

By: greeklyfe
#5  by: tcnj   

I know a lot of fraternity guys that really like them. They are always invited to formals and date parties. They might not be some of the douchier guys favorites because they don't sleep with them but they have good relationships with all of the fraternities on campus. And as far as them not have traditions goes thats one of the best parts about sigma kappa, they are new and making their own traditions. Whoever joins now gets to be a part of starting those traditions which differentiates them from the other sororities on campus.

By: tcnj
#6  by: anon   

Honestly, this new PC is going to really set a feel for who they're going to be. They are genuinely sweet girls, really pretty, but don't base their recruitment on looks. They have a lot of potential and are not stuck up. The girls in it are all super nice and the kind you take home to your parents.

By: anon
#7  by: help   

Sigma Kappa definitely has traditions.. they've been around for 100+ years (just a new chapter at TCNJ). Plus they have a HUGE alumni network. My friends are in SK and I know they're close to the girls in their sorority. EVERY sorority has girls that don't make their sorority their everything.. that's not what college is about.

But from what I see, SK girls are down to earth, pretty, smart, fun, and real. Oh and the point about fraternity guys not liking them isn't true either. Again, I have friends in fraternities and I know they have positive impressions about SK. Besides the point, you can read everyone's views and still not have a clue; hopefully you were able to get to know these girls better (and those in other sororities) by going through recruitment.

By: help
#8  by: .   

the new skappa pledge class is hot and they all party theyre up and coming

By: .
#9  by: RAY   

ye but what about kappa sigma

By: RAY
#10  by: Phi psi 24   

Sig kappa is full of stuck up girls. They think they are amazing and look down on everyone. Stay away

By: Phi psi 24
by: greekApr 14, 2013 12:17:14 AM

honestly i know sigma kappas and theyre cool

By: greek
by: ?Apr 15, 2013 9:15:29 PM

I know a lot of them and don't find them to be stuck up at all. Idk who you got that impression from

By: ?
by: oh?Jul 11, 2013 11:33:02 PM

If the Sigma Kappas on campus are stuck up, I'm afraid of how the other sororities would be described. They may not all be the sweetest because let's face it, they're still greeks, but there are other organizations who seem more stuck up i think idk

By: oh?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.