facebook

The Society house

by: Question

Does the society/former Theta have a house? Are they using the theta house? Keep seeing pics of them in front of a house!

Posted By: Question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: ???   

Are you kidding? Do you actually think Theta nationals would let them anywhere near their property?

By: ???
by: !!!Oct 28, 2023 3:30:58 PM

Nationals doesn't own the house. The SMU Theta alumni do, and they have had to change the name of the housing organization. Right now the house has no affiliation to Theta currently.

The terms of the suspension still prohibit The Society from using the property. Nobody who is a known member of the society will be able to become a Theta when they come back.

By: !!!
#2  by: Person   

Also to note (and if it's to be believed Theta will come back next year.) none of the girls in the society will be accepted when nationals comes in to create the charter class. They want to start with a fresh foot forward and have a healthy chapter moving forward.

By: Person
by: Educated GuessOct 30, 2023 4:55:34 PM

My guess is that Theta nationals will hold off any sort of re-establishment until The Society completely fizzles out. That may be a while, as there are girls who don't look long-term into greek life, and are just caught up in the fact that The Society doen't seem to have restrictions on party behavior or sloppiness by their members. Some of the fraternity guys openly support that line of thinking.

They have a similar situation at Penn State. My oldest sister went there. While she was there Tri-Delta got their charter pulled for hazing/alcohol-related conduct. The former Tri-Delts organized a "local" called "Triology," which is apparently still around on the Penn State campus. That organization has mixers with Penn State fraternities and does an independent recruitmen (and encourages girls to drop out of PanHel recruitgmment). My sister (who was a rep for her sorority on Panhellenic) said Tri-Delt nationals will not consider returning to Penn State until the "Trilogy" group is completely disbanded.

It seems like Theta nationals prob will take the same course of action to avoid confusion and direct competition with The Society.

By: Educated Guess
by: PersonOct 30, 2023 9:37:25 PM

Chi Omega at Penn State also had the same thing happen to them. It really sucks as I bet many alumni would love to have their chapter back on campus, but these undergraduates being foolish prevent it.

I also heard Trilogy was at the party where Tim Piazza passed away.

By: Person
by: YepOct 31, 2023 1:14:59 AM

I have a couple of good friends at Penn State. Apparently the Triology girls are the insta-ho and cleat-chaser types who aren't too sharp academically.

They sound very similar to the gals in Theta Society.

By: Yep
#3  by: @educated guess   

Considering Trilogy has been around for like 15 years now I hope they're not holding their breath.

By: @educated guess
#4  by: Way it is    

The more schools crack down the more underground groups you will get. KA and SA E got kicked iff at UT -Austin and went local and after 5-6 years the National organization took them back.
Like SMU Theta they were top tier and said we wont fold when you yank our charter.

By: Way it is
#5  by: Question   

I just saw a pic of a few theta society girls in front of a house looking like they’re doing work week. I’m genuinely wondering how they do rush with no promise of national benefits like real sororities OR the security of being an smu affiliated org. Like okay you can post underage alcohol pics but that won’t even matter in 2 years

By: Question
#6  by: KNOW MY STUFF   

Believe whatever you want to believe. Theta is done … and The Society will soon be irrelevant.

By: KNOW MY STUFF
#7  by: ?   

Society members on TT say they have a house. They seem to have a lot of the same stuff without the craziness of nationals.

By: ?
by: HahaJan 10, 2024 9:23:05 PM

Those girls do know crazy, that's why their nationals kicked them out. Crazy, mean, stupid girls.

By: Haha
#8  by: ?    

How are they running their rush this week? Like can pnms do official panhel recruitment and rush TS at the same time?

By: ?
by: hahaJan 11, 2024 5:59:01 PM

If you want to 'rush' a pretend sorority, nothing's stopping you.

By: haha
#9  by: 🤫    

Yes they have a house

By: 🤫
#10  by: Y   

Yes, they have a house, it’s in Highland Park. I looked it up on Dallas CAD, it’s owned by an alum’s family. They probably rent it from them.

By: Y

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.