facebook

Rush as a Transfer already in a fraternity

by: Frat205740

I’ll be transferring to smu next fall from tamu. I was in a frat at my old school but the chapter is not at smu. Because of this I’m assuming I will have to re-rush, right? Since I’m a transfer would I re-rush in the fall or spring?

Posted By: Frat205740
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: please   

No, you'll automatically be put into the fraternity of your dreams, idiot.

In reality, if you are initiated into an NIC group, you can never join another fraternity.

By: please
by: pledge001May 3, 2023 12:10:31 PM

I thought an exception to this rule was if you transferred schools and your current chapter is not at your new school.

By: pledge001
by: pleaseMay 3, 2023 1:53:00 PM

No, otherwise students would be transferring all over the place if they thought they didn't get into a great group.

By: please
by: …May 11, 2023 7:48:28 PM

It’s not automatic for every fraternity. My fraternity brothers vote on if you should be part of our chapter or not. If most vote no then you will be an alumni and will not be a part of our chapter.

By: …
#2  by: G   

Most of the times nationals can make exceptions if you transfer. Just have to get in contact with them

By: G
by: haMay 12, 2023 8:47:46 AM

You kidding? Are you trying to get this kid to re-rush for a laugh and then he gets thrown out of both fraternities when they find out? I know a few people that has happened to.

By: ha

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.